Tips on losing weight for losing 20 pounds

Options
What kind of exercise do you do?
What do you eat?
how much weight do you think you will lose in a month ?
How long do your exercise for?
How much do you weigh now how long did it take for it?

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    1. I kickbox, lift weights, cycle, walk, run sometimes, elliptical sometimes. 1 hour day ish.
    2. I eat everything. I don't believe any foods are bad, some are less nutrient dense han others but all foods you love can be incorporated into a healthy plan.
    3. With only 20lbs to lose, if I were you, I'd try for losing no more than 2-4lbs in a month.
    4. I don't exercise for more than an hour at a time.
    5. I am 176, down from 300. Took about 16 months. These next 20lbs will probably take me until spring or early summer, as I am only trying for 1lb a week or less. Read this if you haven't already. It is excellent. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • steph6467
    steph6467 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise do you do?

- I run / walk on the treadmill for 35 minutes and then do 15 - 20 minutes of lifting

What do you eat?

- Not much. ;) I have never been successful at losing weight unless I'm accurately (!!) counting calories. I aim for 1200 - 1400 cals a day. I'm a vegetarian and have a family, so I almost never eat out and try to cook healthy meals.

how much weight do you think you will lose in a month ?

- If I'm tracking my calories and working out, I usually lose 4 to 5 pounds a month. Sadly for me, I can't seem to get the hang of maintenance, so I've "lost 20 pounds" about 4 times now. Pfft.

How long do your exercise for?

- Given my life circumstances, I try to go to the gym every other day but usually end up at 3 times a week. I'm usually there for about a hour (35 cardio / 15 strength training)

How much do you weigh now how long did it take for it?

- Right now I weigh 142. I'm 5' 5" and I feel content in my current body, but feel awesome at 132, so I've got another 10 to go. I started (this time) about 6 weeks ago. I imagine I'll be at my goal by the new year. Maintenance, take .. 5? LOL. At my highest I was 190 and have successfully (yay me!!) maintained 40 pounds of that weight loss for almost 10 years so I guess I'm only sorta bad at maintenance.

Good luck!
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    You should be doing what works for you, not necessarily what works for other people.