need help!

Options
I have 167 pounds to lose! That seems like so much and so far away. I am of the immediate result mindset and need help to be patient through this process. I am great on exercise, go almost everyday for a workout but I love to eat. LOVE TO EAT! I need tips and motivation and help... HELP!

Replies

• raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    Immediate results? Get a digital scale if you don't have one. It helped me get started. You can see the pounds coming off more clearly.

Just keep grinding and stick with it. If you love to eat (most people do) try eating slower, eat smaller portions, and drink a lot of water to make yourself feel fuller. Good luck
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    Get a good group of friends on here. Friend motivation is very beneficial, to helping you stay on task and actually complete this program.

Watch your calories and set your realistic goals so you can achieve them. also stop drinking soda.

Good luck on your adventure and I hope you stick with it!!
  • Time2Live99
    Options
    I know how you feel! I was 115 pound over weight two years ago and it was so over-whelming at the time. I began to look at my weight loss in increments of ten pounds, so all i had to do was lose ten pounds ten times. that seems so much easier to me than saying i need to lose 100 pounds!

Thats awesome that you go workout everyday, definitely keep up with that!!

As for loving to eat, set some rules, like dont eat after a certain time, or only eat at the kitchen table. Also eat on smaller plates, drink a full glass of water before every meal. Are you drinking your water?? sometimes we feel hungry because we're dehydrated so really ask yourself when you start to eat if you're actually hungry or thirsty. Hope this helps a little! I'm still trying to wrap my head around controlling my eating.
  • jennfox71
    Options
    Hi all I just started today.
  • Daniellenoreen
    Options
    HI! I saw your forum posting and I have about 140lbs to lose and I'm also around your age im 23. We could be fitness buddies! xD We can help keep each other motivated and share tips. Send me a message if you would like!

<3 Danielle
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I needed 177 to lose and it did not start coming off until I started using MFP seriously and daily. Now I have lost a little over 22 lbs! I joined awhile back and did not particpate but once I started I got out of it what I put in! Welcome! You came to the right place.
  • Timborino
    Options
    Hey K! If you love to eat like me, sometimes it helps to find lower calorie foods to fill up on without guilt.

A lot of vegetables such as cabbage, lettuce, celery have few or negligible calories and you can essentially eat all you want! Get creative with recipes and make interesting salads. Use low cal or low fat dressings (vinaigrettes are great) on salads and keep them simple.

Always know your calorie intake. I use MFP on my phone so I never have an excuse not to track my daily intake (when I can't find the exact food I use an equivalent from the search feature).

Beef snacks are high in protein and low in calories. They are a great snack throughout the day. Eat several times a day so you never get overly hungry. It helps in preventing those binges.

These are some of my tricks. Hope they help.

Tim
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I know how you feel! I was 115 pound over weight two years ago and it was so over-whelming at the time. I began to look at my weight loss in increments of ten pounds, so all i had to do was lose ten pounds ten times. that seems so much easier to me than saying i need to lose 100 pounds!
    This is such a good mentality. 10 pounds 10 times. Thanks for sharing that. Congrats on your loss.

Good luck to the OP! Keep coming back. It will help you stay motivated.
  • ang2803
    ang2803 Posts: 39
    Options
    Unfortunately it's never immediate and that sucks alot but it will happen if you keep at it! I have lost 50 lbs since I started. It has taken me a year only because I had a baby in between there. Since I started back up again I have lost about 40 pounds in the last 6 months. Its not immediate but it is pretty great to see your clothes getting smaller and smaller! This website helps because you dont have to starve in order to get fit. You will see that you can still eat but you have to work out to burn off what you eat. Good Luck!
  • ksizzle84
    Options
    Thanks Tim,

I am using it on my phone as well. Is there a way to make my logged food and exercise transfer to the computer when I enter it into my phone. I use the phone because I have it there to enter in everything before I eat it but then I come home to my computer and nothing is logged there.
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    Yes there is. I found this place through an app on my phone too. I don't remember how I did it, I think there's some kind of sync feature or online backup when you log on your phone. Try logging out and back in again on your phone and maybe it will come up. Once you register or whatever, it automatically syncs everything and it's retroactive to when you started I think