new with no friends...feels like high school all over!

Options
Typically I wouldn't dare put myself out like this - but good grief, losing weight can become a lonely venture! I would love to build a supportive network of folks who are struggling through the same crap I am. I've been using MFP for a few weeks now, but have been trying to get healthy and in shape for what honestly feels like my whole life!! I'm incredibly motivated and super psyched to help out whoever needs a little push or a kind word.

Replies

• debsmicklethwaite
    Options
    Hi, Im new here, well technicallly not, i lost 3st7 earlier in the year but due to alot of homelife crap, i've put two back on. Eeek. So fresh start.
    Add me. x
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I suggest you peruse the forums...look for people who post things that you like, that seem knowledgeable, or that make you laugh. When you find one, send them a FR and include a message letting them know why you want them on your FL. Adding friends indiscriminately is like walking into a crowded room and yelling "I'M LOOKING FOR LOTS OF FRIENDS!" It's much better (IMHO), both long- and short-term, to find people with whom you have something in common.

Best of luck.
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    Typically I wouldn't dare put myself out like this - but good grief, losing weight can become a lonely venture! I would love to build a supportive network of folks who are struggling through the same crap I am. I've been using MFP for a few weeks now, but have been trying to get healthy and in shape for what honestly feels like my whole life!! I'm incredibly motivated and super psyched to help out whoever needs a little push or a kind word.

Looks like we have similar weight loss goals. I'd be happy to be your friend. I've been missing awhile and need to get back.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    you're welcome to add me, I'm over 460 for days logged
  • SLW20106
    Options
    I'm new here too! We can do this.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new here too.. Been here about a month now :) Feel free to add me! Let's do this!
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am here every day! :smile:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am around everyday you are more than welcome to add Me, all friends welcome
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    I tend to be new here every couple of months LOL! I'm actually a free health coach and have utilized a different program to lose 140 pounds and keep it off, but I track things on MFP occasionally and pop in to say hello! =)
  • eleahsmith
    eleahsmith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Thank you guys so much for the awesome replies!

I realize posting a forum devoted entirely to obtaining my own buddies is rather selfish and unorthodox, but when it comes to forming friendships I suppose any interaction is better than none!

I truly appreciate the support.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

I realize posting a forum devoted entirely to obtaining my own buddies is rather selfish and unorthodox, but when it comes to forming friendships I suppose any interaction is better than none!

Not selfish or unorthodox, many people introduce themselves with a post like this. I think what jof meant was to give you tips on finding friends who will be a good fit. I had a different account with something like 200 friends but only really interacted with maybe 20. I took a break from mfp, came back with a new account and kept those 20 or so. Added more since then, but not nearly as many. Doesn't mean those others weren't great people, we just didn't click, didn't jive, they threw off the emperor's groove. Know what I mean, Vern? ;)
  • benimruh
    Options
    i need friends tooo :D
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Not selfish or unorthodox, many people introduce themselves with a post like this. I think what jof meant was to give you tips on finding friends who will be a good fit. I had a different account with something like 200 friends but only really interacted with maybe 20. I took a break from mfp, came back with a new account and kept those 20 or so. Added more since then, but not nearly as many. Doesn't mean those others weren't great people, we just didn't click, didn't jive, they threw off the emperor's groove. Know what I mean, Vern? ;)

^this

I've seen a lot of people end up dissatisfied with their FL after composing it mostly of randoms. It's not the end of the world, and plenty of people have discovered it for themselves and then recovered just fine, but I thought I'd give you some tips on what (IMHO) works well. (That said, there are some people who love their FL created this way, so *shrug*...)

And meta, I don't think OP is old enough to get either of your references. :smile:

ernest.jpg
  • Mamabearto5
    Mamabearto5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am here daily also.. I am a busy momma to many but I enjoy getting on there to see how all my friends are doing! This is a journey... nobody wants to do it alone!
  • metaphoria
    Options

^this

I've seen a lot of people end up dissatisfied with their FL after composing it mostly of randoms. It's not the end of the world, and plenty of people have discovered it for themselves and then recovered just fine, but I thought I'd give you some tips on what (IMHO) works well. (That said, there are some people who love their FL created this way, so *shrug*...)

And meta, I don't think OP is old enough to get either of your references. :smile:

ernest.jpg

Are you saying I'm old?!?! *flipdeskragequitpoopsonyourfavoriteshoes*
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) love motivating ppl and cheering them on!!! We are on the same team!!:flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

^this

ernest.jpg

No, that is *not* what I was saying.

I mean, you *are*, but that wasn't what I was saying.
  • metaphoria
    Options

^this

ernest.jpg

Honesty will kill you one day.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

^this

ernest.jpg

Honesty will kill you one day.

Maybe.

And if not, my oldness will.