Getting fit in my 40s

Options
Hello, Greg here. Central Ohio area, age 43, had that "borderline" scare at a diabetes screening so I'm doing classes at the YMCA and working on dropping lots of pounds. I'm only 10 away from the "goal" for the classes that will reduce my risk for the diabetes but I wanna keep the mo' going on the way to an ideal 150 pounds.

Cubicle dweller so I have to work at getting the pounds off...anyhoo. Glad to be here.

Replies

• Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Welcome Greg,.

You can do it...feel free to add me.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Congratulations on what you have done already. I'm 45 and managed to shift quite a bit already so feel free to add me
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard,Greg!!
    I've managed my T2D through diet/exercise ..am awaing the last lab results but
    I can tell you I've seen it done. You are fortunate you are doing something in
    the 'pre-Diabetic' stage. Hope you get to your goals and are soon past this
    episode as I know it isn't easy. All the best to you!! :)
  • KasparFitness
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Hey Greg. I turned 40 in June and decided to get fit and lose the weight before twit became too hard. Feel free to add me if you wish. I log on daily.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place! Feel free to add me.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Turning 41 in a few months, shorty, and have another 80 lbs to lose. You can do it. People here are supportive, opinionated, and quite amusing. Welcome. Add me if you like!