bare legs in november?

Options
victoriavoodoo
victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
I am utterly confused. I'm a college student who was always in uniforms up until now and never learned to put together outfits. I have to go to a fancy pants art show at a gallery tonight at 6pm and I have no idea how to dress myself.

I have a nice short sleeve dress that stops slightly above the knee, and that's as far as I got. I think you're supposed to wear tights with short dresses in the fall but it's almost 90 degrees here. EDIT my phone says low of 78 tonight so it'll sort of cool down a little.

So my questions are:

shrug or no shrug?

tights or no tights? What color tights? I have all colors and black and grey

boots or flats?

I'm useless =[

here's the dress:

2qao28l.jpg

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    If it is 90 degrees i would go with whatever is cooler.

If it is cooler out i would go with black tights and boots
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Pretty dress! If you don't want to wear colored tights, just wear sheer pantyhose. They won't make you that much warmer and look dressier.

ETA: Or you could use Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs sprayed onto your hands then rubbed into freshly-moisturized legs. If you apply it that way, apparently it doesn't streak or rub off onto clothes so badly. It'll still look dressy but won't heat you up at all. Where are you that it's 90 degrees this late in the year? I would think in that environment, most people would chuck fall fashion out the window.
  • erwbka
    Options
    Let the temperature be your guide. If it's nearly 90 where you are stick with the dress and maybe a large scarf you can use as a wrap when you get cold. Go with cute closed toe flats and bare, moisturized legs.
  • victoriavoodoo
    Options
    Thanks all. It's absolutely disgusting here; late December to mid March it'll be sort of mildly cold(like low of 55) then it'll snap back to 100 for the summer. I hate Louisiana.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    If it's really that hot out, just go with some black or skin color pantyhose, and some flats. :) Don't worry about it. Dress for the weather , not necessarily the season.
  • victoriavoodoo
    Options
    Pretty dress! If you don't want to wear colored tights, just wear sheer pantyhose. They won't make you that much warmer and look dressier.

ETA: Or you could use Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs sprayed onto your hands then rubbed into freshly-moisturized legs. If you apply it that way, apparently it doesn't streak or rub off onto clothes so badly. It'll still look dressy but won't heat you up at all. Where are you that it's 90 degrees this late in the year? I would think in that environment, most people would chuck fall fashion out the window.

It's 86 degrees right this second. I'm in southern louisiana. 3 Hours away in new orleans it's 75 apparently. Lucky them. I'm going to look into this airbrush legs thing, sounds great!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'd say light black tight , boots and definitely denim jacket! Gorgeous!
  • victoriavoodoo
    Options
    I'd say light black tight , boots and definitely denim jacket! Gorgeous!

Thanks! The dress isn't as pretty on me because it's a couple sizes bigger than in the picture, but I still feel pretty in it =]