New here and anyone here in End Stage Renal Failure?

Options
Hi there, feel free to read my blog for more info... I'm new here about to embark on losing an additional 45 lbs to reach my goal weight to be at the correct bmi for kidney transplant... I need to lose 84 lbs total... to reach the full goal... but the transplant team said they would let me be listed (after all the other tests) after I had lost 1/2 of the full goal..and in reality if I lose more, that would be even better!. anyway... I'm looking forward to learning and listening ... hope you are all doing well and I'm really shocked I'm spilling it all here! LOL:blushing:

Replies

• alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My good friends dad has renal failure and has been on dialysis for many many years. He needs a kidney transplant and a heart transplant but is simply too weak to get them so he has been pulled off the transplant list multiple times. Good luck to you!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    OMG I so am rooting for you to get there fast & get that kidney. My MIL (RIP) had end stage renal failure for the entire time I knew her & had it for about 10+ years before I met her. She was offered kidneys so many times but turned it down cause "someone else needs it more than me" was her way of thinking. In the end she was so sick :cry:

We miss her & it's been almost 8 years now.

Here I am sending all my hopes & wishes to you to get there as fast as possible so you can be healthy.
  • laken1981
    Options
    Sadly there are many at my center who have various conditions that won't allow them to transplant... sad... I wish the best for your friends father... :)
  • laken1981
    Options
    thank you Pinkraynedrop... she sounded like a lovely person... :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    thank you Pinkraynedrop... she sounded like a lovely person... :)

She was a great person. We all miss her so much.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    do it... do it like your life depends on it! a lot of us do it for vanity, and even health... but to save your life... all the more reason! good luck and GOD BLESS
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in stage 3 renal disease, which means I will be on dialysis at some point in the future. My doctors told me 7 years ago, that I would be on dialysis in a year, but so far, I am holding my own!!

You are already doing so well, so just keep doing what you are doing!! The renal diet is so restrictive and not too healthy unfortunately, so having transplant surgery will reopen a lot of avenues for you!!

Best of luck and feel free to add me if you would like!!