Failing big time and no friends to support me.

Options
2»

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You can't rely or depend on something that you need to do for you.

Instead of grabbing a snack, grab a big jug of water and do a short workout or go out for a walk.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You can FR me :)

Nobody but you can put good food in your mouth or your feet on the pavement. keep that in mind.

if you want it you can have it. you just have to want it.

cheers
    -josie
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. I do in home care for the elderly. I started out at 272 and now down 80lbs. I know it's not easy but it can be done. My husband is skinny and is known to eat crap. Sometimes I try not to look to avoid being tempted if I don't have room for it.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You've already had plenty of responses, but if you want to add another friend, feel free.

I agree with most of above. We all have a lot to deal with. When You decide what is most important, then its Important and Will be done. When that is taking care of YOU, you will.

I'm married, have two kids that are 4 and 6, a full time job, and a second job. I work out at least 5 days a week. I've learned I Have to do it in the AM because otherwise every other excuse will get me. I will admit, those excuses still hit my eating sometimes. That IS changing though -- and will be there when I decide it HAS to.

Nancy
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This sounds important to you. So make it a priority and do it. The lack of support from your friends and husband makes it harder but you can still do it. Last year I was 50 pounds overweight and watched my wife go to the gym. She kept going anyway, and eventually I decided I didn't want to be the fat husband. I decided to change and lost 40 pounds in 4 months. My wife showed me the way. So can you. Step up and do it, and show your friends and husband how to do it. You will inspire everyone!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am an RN, so I know and appreciate all the hard work our CNA's do!! They areoften the only thing that makes the patient happy. ;-) Stress is great motivation to not care about eating healthy, but you have to want to be healthy, more than youwant to eat the food that is tempting you!!

You have it within you to do this, as you are doing it for great reasons!! You want to be healthy, you want to be lighter, for your horse and you know it is time!!

It's not easy, but nothing that is worth it, ever is!! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I am close to goal, but lowering my goal by about 5 to 10 pounds. Then I start maintenance, which I think will be even harder!! I would love to get to know you on your journey and wish you the best!!