Your Fragance/scent - 5 questions

2»

Replies

• Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    1. Did you find your fragance/scent? Yes & no... I have a few favorites, unable yet to stay at one for the rest of my life!
    2. How did you find it? Mostly because of friends... also samples
    3. Describe the smell Cant be done except one that is a wood type of smell
    4. People ask you about it? [/b] Ask about it? No. Tell me I smell good? Yes.[/b]
    5. Do you think that fragance/scent is important to seduce a partner? No. If you smell good but are an idiot, the smell wont work. But I have to admit, I have quite often turned my head to a man fragrance that passed by... Often they smell OH! So Good! But when you turn to see him.. ouch! NEXT! :tongue: :noway:

*** The one I use/love:
    1. Angel Innocent - Tierry Mugler
    2. Cabotine - Grès
    3. Mûres Sauvages - Dans un Jardin
    4. Ralph Lauren HOT - Ralph Lauren (This one was discontinued.. Have to find a new RL)

I actually ADORE a RL scent on a man.... :blushing:
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    1. Did you find your fragance/scent? Yes
    2. How did you find it? Tried lots of others
    3. Describe the smell Fruity, sensual
    4. People ask you about it? Yes
    5. Do you think that fragance/scent is important to seduce a partner? Yes

Viva La Juicy Noir, Viva La Juicy

I found a men's scent when I was in Japan last year. Omega. It's awesomely masculine. I love when a man smells nice, like he took one extra step to smell good for me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I don't have "a" scent. I like very very many. I don't care about price either, nothing is too high or too low if it smells good to me.

I just recently got a "craving" while driving thru the fall leaves to get another bottle of DKNY Be delicious. I recenlty got a gift of 'sweet pea" EDT from my mother from bath and body works because they made an interesting bottle for it, I can't tell you how many compliments I get on that.

I have an emergency roll on of Dolce and Gabanna "the one" but am going to get their pink one next, can't recall the name but I beleive it was rosey. Roses are a winner in my book. Issey Miyake's "Florale" and the Jo Malone rose version are on my want list.

Past faves have included Gucci II which is gone now and GUcci Rush same story. I have a bad luck for loving things that go away. SOme classic standard faves that I know will be here forever are Chanel No. 5 (i know i know but i love it) and Donna Karan Cashmere, oof, I die.

I recently got a sample in the mail of L"Occitanes new FLeur D'Or and Acacia and so went to go try it on my skin for sillage. It didn't last well but the smell is so happy to me I might get it anyways. but I also like their Verbena and Pivione and , eau ravissante, so I guess I should just take a grocery cart and buy the whole store...lol.

To me there is no such thing as "my scent" i use scents for different uses some in close quarters like meetings must be light fresh and innoffensive, out and about I like something that trails. I have some that make me happy no matter what. My Gucci II was such a scent and the new Fleur D'or from L'occitane is as well, I must always have a perfume like this to banish any bad moods. Sometimes I put on clothes and jewelry in such a way as to "need" the finishing touch and for those times I like a scent that matches the outfit. Warm for a sweater weather day, fresh for a cute shorts ensemble or whatever. I love clothes as much as I like perfume and I have only recently tried to pare down on both and it's hard. I currenlty have, I think only 3 perfume items, and I'm finding it's just not enough. I don't want to return to the days of 10-15 bottles on my counter not from shame but only because I didn't use them fast enough but I fear it may be what I need to have the variety and options I crave. I doubt anyone I know will smell a certain scent and think it reminds them of me but they I hope will think I always smelled good, or at least not bad. LOL.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I currently own 16 bottles of perfume. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!
    I bought some, some were gifts.

If you want one that is long lasting, buy EDP, not EDT. The EDP (eau de parfum) is more concentrated, usually more expensive and lasts longer.

As for my preferences, most perfumes I wear are floral.Lots of roses. I wore Givenchy's Very Irresistible Sensual for about a year before getting bored with it(that's a very long time for me). Smells like roses. I wore Dolce and Gabbana's "The One" for a few months, and my current everyday perfume is "Dahlia Noir" from Givenchy. Very strong, feminine scent, imo. It's not intoxicating when it's on, but i can still smell it on my scarfs after I wash them. Gets me tons of compliments.

I suggest going to a place like Sephora, or whatever perfume place you like, try one, and even if you like it then, don't buy it. Wear it all day and see how you feel about it. Some scents i just love, but can't wear them because they give me headaches. Other i like when i first spray it, then hate it later on.

Some recommendations beside those 3 (not all are floral):

Jean Paul Gaultier - The original one, in a bottle shaped like a female torso.
    Armani- Code
    Dolce&Gabbana- Both the classic with the red cap, and Light Blue (though everyone wears this one, too common)
    Armani-Code
    Dior-J'adore
    Thierry Mugler- Alien
    Paco Rabanne- Ultrared
    Chanel - Allure Sensuel
    Kenzo-Flower
    Donna Karan- The one shaped like an apple.

That's all i can think of right now.

ETA: I guess I may have a problem.

Im in love, all of those smell amazingly intoxicating..

sorry I just had to bold all those I'm in agreement with. the one's I didn't bold I may have not just tried but am curious as I can see the writer of this list has great taste.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    I love perfumes. So tagging to collect data :)
    Eta: I own a few Victoria secret ones i like-vixen, tease etc, Armani code, something from Halle barry( that was a gift), many other gifts/deodorants that I do not use very regularly!
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Thank you for all your answers!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    My fave is Victoria's Secret Noir Tease... luv the bottle. Got the big one. When I go out I spray it all over...

I like others, but this is my fave.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    my fragrance is white shoulder it's been since I was 14, and probably always will be. white shoulders and pink sugar are the only perfumes that cause the man to repeatedly smell my neck, and go, "mmmmmmm, smells like you."

Oh and I heard that the ultrared was a man getter.

fun little site about perfume:

http://www.fragrantica.com/
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    1. Yep, two, in fact.
    2. Trying different ones at the store. You actually need to spray it on your skin, not just a paper card.
    3. Once is a more flowery, but subtle scent, perfect for spring and summer. The other is hard to describe. It reminds me of vanilla, but is not really vanilla scented. Cookie scented, without smelling sweet. Warm.
    4. The flowery one, yes. The other is mild and unoffensive. People have to get really close to smell it at all.
    5. YES.

The first one is 360 by Perry Ellis. The other is Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works.
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Anyone can tell me what think this 4 scents?

Lady Million, Paco Rabanne
    Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel
    The one for Woman, D&G
    CH , Carolina Herrera