Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Doing planks correctly without a mirror

I know how to do planks correctly. However if you're doing them for a while and are pushing your strength your farm fails. Or at least mine does. When muscles get tired something can feel right and just not be.

Is there anything I can do as a check on my form? A mirror is also not an option.

Replies

• AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    I would love to help, but I am sure I am not doing them correctly either! I'm doing level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, which has a bunch of plank work. I try not to stick my butt up and to keep my back flat, but I am pretty confident that I am not doing this :smile:
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Bumping up - maybe today someone has a suggestion?

Forgive my spelling. Siri likes to play mad libs with my posts.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    you have a smart phone- use that.
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    I am assuming you are talking about keeping the body as straight as possible and not stick the bum in the air? Personally I tuck my pelvis slightly which engages my core even more....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Put a broom stick along your spine. Keep your head down and the broom stick should make contact evenly from the back of your head, down the middle of your back and all the way down to your glutes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition