Your maintenance calorie goal vs. weight loss calorie goal

Options
Hi maintainers,

I'm curious about the relationship between the calorie goal you had when you were losing weight vs. the calorie goal you have now that you are maintaining.

What was your WL calorie goal?
What is you maintenance calorie goal?

Thanks!

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mine are the same. My weight loss intake is the same as my maintenance will be at my target weight/composition. I make the deficit larger through exercise.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Mine are the same. My weight loss intake is the same as my maintenance will be at my target weight/composition. I make the deficit larger through exercise.

Mind is blown.

Makes it so simple to stick with, forever.

How many calories is that number for you?
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    It's about the same. That number is 1600. So far I've lost right at 50lbs. and I hope to keep losing. If I stall out then I know I need to either slightly lower or increase activity. :smile:
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My weight loss Calorie goal was 1200.
    My maintaining Calorie goal is around 1500. I don't go for it exactly, but if I gain a few random pounds I go back to 1200 to lose a few.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My weight loss calories goal was approx 1350-1400. My maintenance is around 1680 - but i'm on a 10%cut at the moment to reduce bodyfat while working on strength training so eating around 1470. But can eat up to 1700 and not put on any - being maintaining at 112lbs since May now. :)