Thoughts on slimming world

Options
After nearly two years, and doing so well, I have kind of reached a standstill and keep gaining and losing the same 5lb. I feel I need a new tack and considering joining slimming world, has anyone tried this programme and what are your thoughts

Replies

• Beckaroo94
    Options
    I used it for a few months at 14st and used it until I was 12st a few years ago. I used the extra easy plan. It's good in that if you're hungary, eat. But only eat good things and treat bad things as "syns". It focuses alot on listening to your body and trying to fill your plate with healthy things, and food considered "superfree". They also make you make a diary of all the food you eat in a day, which makes you ,ore accountable, like MFP.

It works well in that it promotes healthy eating habits and encourages you to prepare healthy meals. But I think it's better when you have alot of weight to lose, and prefer to use my fitness pal. Slimming world was good while I used it though, and some recipes they give you are also good for myfitness pal
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to use anything that views certain foods as 'sins'. Personally.

Give it a go can't do any harm. Good luck.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    After nearly two years, and doing so well, I have kind of reached a standstill and keep gaining and losing the same 5lb. I feel I need a new tack and considering joining slimming world, has anyone tried this programme and what are your thoughts

Just before you head off onto another scheme, take a look at why you are gaining and losing. I'll wager it's down to one of two things:
    1. That you are underestimating your calorie intake, and overestimating your exercise
    2. That you haven't adjusted your daily total intake for a while

If you are not losing weight, then you are not in a deficit. Simple as.

I wouldn't personally embark on a wacky scheme (my opinion) such as slimming world, but its up to you of course. It's all about calories in and calories out at the end of the day.
  • EmilyW37
    EmilyW37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was always a weightwatchers girl, but then a good friend of mine raved on about slimming world that it sounded amazing, so I gave it a go! Now, I'm vegetarian and a snacker, thats the only explanation I can give to gaining 10lbs in the space of 7 weeks! I followed the plan but just kept gaining!

I went back to weightwatchers and lost the weight again!! I do know people that have had amazing success with slimming world, but it wasn't for me!

E x
  • vikkibaptie
    vikkibaptie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been on slimming world for about 4 months now, I've lost 18.5lbs and I totally love it. I use my fitness pal to track for slimming world, so I think the two can work hand in hand.

Previously I was the same as you, I got down to just under 11stone and then ended up going back up and down and getting stuck. With the support of a group I've now pushed through that.

I'd say give it a go, if what you're doing now isn't working what you really got to lose except a couple of pounds! :-)