Depo shot weight gain.....help

sublimechik28
sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I received a depo provera shot which is a form of birth control and the first thing listed is weight gain!! ohh man great i have been on the depo before a while back and i did gain weight but also i had very bad eating habits and no exercise soooo of course thats gonna happen even if your not on the shot. But i would like to know if anyone else out there is on the depo or has been and was successful with being able to lose weight still and not gain??

Replies

• melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    the first time i was on depo, i actually lost about 30 lbs without really trying. second go'round i didnt gain anymore than usual considering i was eating whatever i wanted basically. i had really bad mood swings on it both times though so thats the main reason i came off of it.

good luck!
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    I gained a lot of weight. A lot. Plus a myriad of other health issues so I stopped the shot. But kept the weight. Until now.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    I gained weight when I first started the depo from an appetite increase (and feeding it), but I havent had an weight retention or gain from the depo since I got my eating habits and exercising into gear. To be honest,I think if youeat well and workout,then it'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.