What to have with fresh cod

Options
lauraloy2013
lauraloy2013 Posts: 58 Member
Hi I've got a bake in the bag cod with Cajun crumb ANC black pepper butter. I'm going to have it with steamed veg but want a some carbs with it or I'll snack all evening. So any ideas? I've god rice, pasta, noodles, spaghetti and potatoes in the house so have plenty of choice :).
Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• sarsons2
    Options
    Portion of steamed potatoes. If you are doing the veg steamed, then thats what I'd do
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am partial to brown rice and I think that would possible go better with cajun spice rather than pasta. Just for a bit of variation maybe you could add some finely chopped onion, diced bell pepper and chopped coriander to the rice as well :-)
  • Portion of steamed potatoes. If you are doing the veg steamed, then thats what I'd do
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like to do a cajun spicy rice which would be lovely with this, but it does require a few ingredients! This serves 2. The measurements have to be accurate but can be scaled up/down proportionally - timings are also important.

Boil the kettle
    Rinse 150g basmati rice
    Chop a pepper and an onion (and a chilli if you like things spicy) - fry in 1tbsp oil (I use non-virgin olive oil) until softened
    Add 1/2-1 tbsp cajun spice mix and stir
    Put the rice in and stir
    Add 200ml vegetable/chicken stock (about 6.75 fl oz)
    Bring to the boil and cover tightly - leave over a low heat for 10 mins
    Take off the heat and rest for 5 mins
    Mix in some coriander at the end if you like it

It's really yummy and worth the effort!
  • lauraloy2013
    lauraloy2013 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. All sounds nice. Don't have all the ingredients for the Cajun rice though.