I want to be rippe/muscular without any gym. How?

Hi! I'm 19 years old, a male. I'm 59 kg (131 lbs) and 172 (5 feet 7"). I'm a full-time student who studies in a rural region in my country. It's impossible to find any gym here and the nearest gym is 45 minutes away. I can't afford everyday transportation with that distance.

So.. I really want to look at least skinny muscular, you know with visible abs and muscular hands, if I can't be ripped. I have a set of 10 kg dumbbells. What exercises, workouts, should I do? I'm embarrassed with my own body.

My photo: http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/JadHusin/media/Mobile Uploads/PhotoGrid_1384491926126.jpg.html

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    you'll need heavier weights than 10lb dumbbells. If there isn't a shop where you can buy heavier weights locally, then look for things that you do have around you that are heavy, like sandbags and water canisters, or any heavy lifting and carrying. Another alternative is bodyweight exercises, such as "you are your own gym" and similar.

if you can get hold of your own barbell and weights, I'd recommend Starting Strength
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    check out the book "you are your own gym."
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    "You Are Your Own Gym," like Apollo suggested. It was created by a military special forces guy, who used it to train his troops. The only equipment you will need is your body, a towel, and maybe some furniture (tables or chairs.)
  • Capt_Apollo
    "You Are Your Own Gym," like Apollo suggested. It was created by a military special forces guy, who used it to train his troops. The only equipment you will need is your body, a towel, and maybe some furniture (tables or chairs.)

captain-jack-sparrow-jack-sparrow-pirates-of-the-caribbean-favim_com-234351.gif
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    There are several great videos you can find on youtube that can help you to get ripped.

One example is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for instance and you dont need heavy dumbells to perform those exercises. 2+ kgs. Its a commitment for 1 month. Why not do a month and see how you go!.

If you want to expand out into other exercises, consider saving up for your own set of resistance bands and a pull up bar. You can buy them pretty cheap on ebay now and the combination of the two can help you perform several exercise plus they are travel friendly.

Otherwise that book(You Are Your Own Gym) sounds interesting i may have to do some research into it myself. good luck ;)
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Easy peasy. In addition to YAYOG, check these out:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/
    http://ashotofadrenaline.net/body-weight-workouts/
    http://www.fitness666.com/p/bodyweight-666.html
    http://www.allthingsgym.com/convict-conditioning-summary-cheat-sheet/
    http://www.alkavadlo.com/

Jungle Gym or TRX suspension trainers are also a great investment if you can find/order them. They help provide leverage which is so important for progressing in body weight training. But you don't really need anything but your own body weight and objects to pull/push against.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    You Are Your Own Gym, as others have suggested, is also an app you can download.
  • angelasfree1
    angelasfree1 Posts: 29 Member
    Heyyy, I checked out your photo... underneath it you have put "ugliness :(" You are NOT ugly! You are slim, you are not skinny, you can change your body shape if you want hun, but don't put yourself down! You are worth something more!
  • okgal247
    okgal247 Posts: 68 Member

Hahahahaha! Love it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member

Apollo is a god, a captain is a lower rank than a god. Why did you demote yourself? :drinker:
  • Heyyy, I checked out your photo... underneath it you have put "ugliness :(" You are NOT ugly! You are slim, you are not skinny, you can change your body shape if you want hun, but don't put yourself down! You are worth something more!

Thanks. That's also one of my problems. I have low self-confidence.
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    There are lots of exercises you can do without a gym using your body. lots of variations on pull ups and push ups. The key thing is being consistent, being patient, and eating the right amount of food. Muscle don’t grow over night it takes years to put on a decent amount of muscle mass.

Begin skinny with little fat you have one advantage, any muscle gain is going to show quickly
  • Capt_Apollo

Apollo is a god, a captain is a lower rank than a god. Why did you demote yourself? :drinker:

onboard ship, a captain is a god.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    It depends on your goals. A power rack, flat bench, barbell, and plates will enable you to make faster progress and to become much more developed. I would save my pennies and do what you can until.
  • So.. Guys, girls, I've downloaded the YAYOG exercise book app. There's a bunch of workouts. Thanks :)