Tae Bo

Options
Hi everyone,

I started a new regime of tae Bo, and am wondering if anyone here has fat loss success with it.

I have about 30 pounds to lose - the same 30 pounds I've been trying to lose for a year now! In the past walking was my main sport and it worked really well for me but I was usually in a foreign country and found that my inspiration was motivating enough when I walked in the foreign country. Now that I am back home, I dislike walking outdoors and get very bored easily. Hence, I am doing tae Bo instead.

Doing the whole diet thing as well, and have usually eaten pretty clean most of the time.

I just need to hear some experiences to keep my motivation excited and up. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Successful losers don't "do the whole diet thing as well", they "do the whole exercise thing as well".

This may explain your past failure to drop the weight, so it might also be the key to your success.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I will bet you will loose some weight. At least gain definition and feel muscle you did not know about. Your range of motion will increase too. Enjoy, have fun!
  • Evian101
    Evian101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi PC,

Not sure what you mean in your first sentence ( which is camouflaged by...what is that....sarcasm?).

In the not too distant past, I've only done exercise with very little change in diet, and that worked very well for me. Not anymore though.

Besides, I'm not sure why you are responding since you don't even mention tae Bo.

Thanks anyway
  • Evian101
    Evian101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Okcat :)
  • Twinklewood
    Twinklewood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love doing Tae Bo and in the past it has resulted in losing weight. I have a HRM and I burn more calories doing 35 minutes of Tae Bo than I do with 50 minutes of elliptical
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi PC,

Not sure what you mean in your first sentence ( which is camouflaged by...what is that....sarcasm?).

In the not too distant past, I've only done exercise with very little change in diet, and that worked very well for me. Not anymore though.

Besides, I'm not sure why you are responding since you don't even mention tae Bo.

Thanks anyway

I believe what he was eluding to is this: Eat less. Exercise to be able to eat just a little bit more. How much you eat is more important to weight loss than exercise is. As far as the Tae Bo-it will help you look better when you lose the weight from watching what you eat. It will also make it so you can eat a little bit more than just with counting calories and not exercising.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hi PC,

Thanks anyway

I believe what he was eluding to is this: Eat less. Exercise to be able to eat just a little bit more. How much you eat is more important to weight loss than exercise is. As far as the Tae Bo-it will help you look better when you lose the weight from watching what you eat. It will also make it so you can eat a little bit more than just with counting calories and not exercising.

Exactly. Diet is primary.