Distorted view of yourself after weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    This is a major problem for me. I still see myself the old way. I took pics during this process every 10 pounds. It has really helped to show me how far I've come. But it's still really hard some days. I still gravitate to plus size clothes. I still fear airplane seats. It's strange. I have a hard time when everyone tells me how great I look. I see myself in the mirror...there is still SO much work to do. Clothing hides a multitude of sins. LOL
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Do I have a distorted view of myself after my weight loss? Yes.

I am 5'9" and have lost 65 pounds. I weigh 152, trying to get to 145 then maintain.

My distorted view is shock and amazement when I catch myself in a mirror, say at the mall. Sometimes I want to cry with joy, how freaking awesome I look. It makes me so proud of my achievement. My mind still has not caught up. Actually I kind of hope it doesn't. Those moments of "wow, you look good self" are very rewarding. It's not just my vanity that gets a boost. It is my visual representation of determination, follow through, and doing a very good job at something.

Do I see the flaws and bits of weird loose skin? Yes, but I just think, "how interesting". For some reason, they do not bother me. Life is too short to chase perfection.

Please if you have lost a lot of weight. You have done something that is very, very difficult to do. Be proud, accept the changes good and bad.
  • cherryberryred0
    cherryberryred0 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump