280lb and need friends the same as me

Options
mojox2003
mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
Hi all well im back on my plan again and im looking for friends who are around the same weight as me, I feel sometimes that there are not many people like me out there who have soooo much to loose and I do find I get demotivated when I still have so much to loose. im hoping all in all to loose around 120 lbs but want to take it in smaller goals say 5/10 lb at a time.

So if you have over 100lb to loose and would like and extra friend then please feel free to add me I would love the company.

Replies

• afreeman1956
    afreeman1956 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get rid of at least 60 pounds. Like a lot of the posts I read on here I know what I am not doing right. I know I need to increase my work outs and stop cheating with evening snacks!!!! Easier said than done. Trying to come up with healthy and good tasting foods is what I also have issues with. I can't just eat something because it's "good for me". There is no way I can watch a movie eating carrots :sad: I don't know about you, but after I exercise I feel the need to eat even more. It's tough but I am determined. I have to do this. I have children and grandchildren I want to be around for. Thanks for listening.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi - I started at 326# in April and now weight 270#. I want to lose another 100+ pounds in the next year to two years. I log everything I eat & try to exercise every day either Zumba, swimming or hiking.

It can seem daunting at first, but be consistent & work towards your goals every day & you will start to see progress. Stick with it even when the scale is not moving. Your body will be changing and you'll notice a difference in how your clothes fit - it will show in your face first. Take pictures & measurements now so you can look back at your progress on weeks that you don't lose any weight.

Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me (warning: I'm not one to comment on/cheer for every little thing, but I do post frequently).
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I started at 304.8 on July 1. So feel free to add me I started with 130 to lose. I still got a long way to go!
  • snootmaster
    snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started about a week ago, also at a weight of 280 lbs. Daunting amount of weight to lose but I am just trying to focus on how much better I feel when I am eating well and exercising rather than getting too hung up on the scale. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am at 280 but started at 312 I am on everyday and am making changes slowly. I have lost 90 before but gained it back as there is no way to maintain when you loose from fad diets. Add me if you like.
  • unbreakablemoth
    Options
    You are all welcome to add me--I started at 345 around May of this year, 338 in August when I got on my program, and I'm at 296 this week. My end goal varies, but I probably have about 150 pounds to go :)
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I want to lose about 110 ibs at least. That will bring to into a range of being healthy. I am at 250 right now and its my highest. I'm finally feeling good about myself and working on losing the weight. I don't want to be set back again. Anyone can add me :) I love to chat!
  • startwenty
    Options
    I have about 100 to lose to, anyone can add me if they like, really finding it hard lately, I need to start exercising so much more, but never find the time between working and running a house!! :( I need to do this! I want to get to my goal weight by next summer because we want to have a family, so I need to get my act together!!
  • mojox2003
    Options
    Thanks everyone its so nice to know that there are other people on the same weight loss path as me, seems so hard as im the biggest of my friends so while there all loosing 10/15/20lbs iv got so much more to go.
  • afreeman1956
    afreeman1956 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would those posting submit some on your dinner suggestions? That is the hardest time for me.
  • yornma
    yornma Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi. I wanted to say you are not alone.. my heaviest was prolly close to 270 (yikes!) I'm about 245 right now and still have a ways to go. Ideally I would like to be on the other side of 200.. my goal is about 185-195.

Feel free to add me. I'm on at least twice a day.
  • piquantpi
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 270 and managed to get down to 145, but now I'm back up to 230 and feel even worse about myself for gaining so much back after getting so close to my goal of 120. Here's to doing it all over again! For the LAST time.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I started at 257 so when I get to my goal it will be just a few pounds shy of 100 pounds. I've had success witt MFP in the past and am returning since the birth of my last baby.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Roughly the same weight and trying to lose 100+ lbs. Anybody like that can definitely feel free to friend me!
  • michellelandis33
    Options
    Hi...I started in at 287....for health reasons...and to better me. I just lost my mother in September due to Liver Disease and I don't want to follow in those footsteps so I am getting healthy. I have since lost around 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks...trying. I am walking with a friend. logging my food journal every day. and I am going to do this my ultimate goal is to get to 150 lbs. but i am not restricting myself from anything, just watching portion size, and calorie intake. I will only drink water, caffeine free soda/ diet better for the liver or milk or juice period. I have goals I am on guard for sabotagers and I have faith that my Lord will see me through.
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I weigh probably around 260 right now. I was pregnant last year and was losing weight (I was around 200) and by the time she was here, I was 230 lbs. Then after I got my birth control shot, I gained another 30 lbs, so now I'm looking to lose weight and be in a healthy weight zone. Feel free to add me!
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'7 and started out at 267. (which is really a rough estimate because I got that weight from a doctors appointment 3 months or 4 months prior to starting so I probably weighed even more) My goal is 150 and I have so far lost 40. I am now 228 but know what it is like being heavier than most, especially when going to the gym and seeing all the smaller body types! My husband is army and the gym I go to is on-post and everyone I see is super small! Just remember you are doing what you need to for yourself and to never give up! :) I still have 80 pounds to go and I am determined to get there!
  • mojox2003
    Options
    It really is fantastic to see people that have lost so much weight, have you lost slowly or got right into exercise and low cal food, I want to try and take my weight loss a little slowly as every time I have done it before I have gone for fad diets lost if fast and gained it all back again and I really don't want to do it this time round.

Feel free to add me
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    have an open diary and ask others who join your quest to do the same, you can add me for starters, its nice to see what others are eating, I have to count my carbs as well as calories, its not easy but everything is doable! Good luck