30 Day Shred - Questions

Options
I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday (watching it on youtube until my video arrives)..
I am just wondering what size weights everyone is using when they do the workouts? I have a 5kg weight i use for biceps usually, though thinking of using smaller weights for the 30DS exercises to see how I go?

Also.. How long should I do Level 1 for? Some on the boards say you do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days and then the toning video for 10?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I found I needed a vriety of weights - some exercises are easier than others. Use cans of soup or filled water botlles as weight substitutes.

Do Level 1 until you feel you're ready for Level 2.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The plan is 5 days a week with 2 rest days and each level for 10 days but when you can do Level One easily then move on if it's before the 10 days. If you can handle the 5 kgs for it, use them but the recommendation is 3 to 5 lb weights.
  • drshona
    drshona Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just had a look on utube - wow she's an irritating woman!

What are the claims she makes about this workout? I've heard people talking about it before, I assume it's meant to be different from other exercise in some way?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    The 5kg's might be a bit much, as there are a ton of reps of each exercise in this video. You may want something lighter for parts.

I did each level for 10 days in a row, and then moved on to the next.
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I ended up getting 1kg weights. I thought they might be too light, though with the amount of repetitions, I'm glad I got them lol My arms were killing afterwards!