Veggies

Hi just wanted to know if any one had any good snack ideas involving vegetables. Ever since I was little I hated the things so it's been pretty hard adding them to my diet.

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    I like baby carrots, celery, cucumber, and bell pepper slices dipped in hummus or cottage cheese. I find it easier to incorporate veggies with my main meals. I just have a big pile of steamed or roasted veg as a side.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Sauté them and store them in tupperware in your fridge so you have them ready for when you want them! You can flavor them with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce and garlic powder and other kinds of spices and things.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    I bake Brussels sprouts in bacon, onions, cheese, and cream.

That's how I eat my veggies.
  • Thanks for the ideas I'll try them out
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    I chop up spinach up really fine and put it in my eggs in the morning. You can't taste it at all. I'm not, nor have I ever been a big fan of veggies so I can definitely relate lol
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Well, I guess that wasn't exactly a snack lol sorry
  • lol It's ok and that sounds like a great idea seeing how I'm always eating eggs in the morning
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I like them dipped in guacamole or salsa. Bonus points for using all miniature veggies (tiny sweet peppers, baby carrots, mini cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, baby corn...). You can also chop fresh, crisp veggies small and toss them with a blend of balsamic vinegar, freshly ground black pepper, a tiny bit of your favorite sweetener, and a little olive oil. That works especially well with a cucumber/tomato/onion mix.