Looking or Willing to Start a Weekly Check In Group

Options
I'm looking for folks that want to check in weekly on how they are doing. I can't quite do it daily and just getting my food and exercise into the system is a lot daily so doing a daily check in for other items isn't realistic for my schedule. Check ins can be framed anyway you/we want. If you want to do weight or food or exercise, planning all the above, whatever your starting point is remembering not to do too much at once and just add in what is doable.

Send me a friend request and we can figure out what works.

I'm 49, about 175 lbs (maybe - I weigh in tomorrow for the real number) and looking to get on the move for losing weight. Haven't picked a number yet just want to get started.

Hope to hear from you.
Kelly
Seattle

Replies

• kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Im game. Friend request sent
  • Maggie057
    Maggie057 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelly,

This is my first posting, so I might mess this up--not quite sure how to start--I think I'm supposed to send you a friend request or something. Your post inspired me because I am also avoiding the scale. I've actually been using the food and exercise trackers for 3 1/2 weeks without a start weight. I scheduled my first weigh-in for five weeks into my program because I didn't want to be too discouraged and I was afraid to get on the scale. Now that I've got some reasonable eating habits going, I think I will be less likely to get knocked off my program when I do step on the scale on Nov. 27th. At least that's what I hope will happen.

I weighed 215 at my doctors office July 12th, and I weighed 215 two years ago when I first planned to start using the Fitness Pal. So that's what is recorded on my chart. But my clothes were fitting tighter so I suspect I was closer to 220 (I hope not more) when I started October 23rd. I did take a waist (39") and bust measurement (47") when I started my program. No matter what the scale says, getting my waist measurement down is more important to me for health and appearance reasons. I'm 56 years old, 5'8". My goal weight is 165--so 50 pounds is the minimum target to lose.

TMI?

Maggie
  • chabba22
    chabba22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I"m in! Sending friend request now!
  • yornma
    yornma Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm game for a weekly check in. You can certainly friend me.
  • katiefbe
    katiefbe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've just started a new gym regime so am anticipating lots of ups and downs with water shifts. A weekly check in might help remind me that if I'm eating a deficit (and I'm weighing my food so I KNOW I am) and exercising then I can't be putting on fat!

Sent you a friend request. Would a group be the easiest way of doing this?
  • Kerriann1083
    Kerriann1083 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to be apart of a weekly group ... I thk the support would help us out a lot:-) also I'm looking for friends for daily or weekly support... I'm on here a lot...please feel free to friend me:-)
  • looopylooo
    Options
    Would like to join.
    Friend request sent and would love other participants to add me.
    Thanks