Replies

• Hilarywelna
    Hilarywelna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    not sure where you are but I swear by shock absorber bras http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/en/

...on their site they have a 'bounce o meter' basically enter your cup size and they give recommendations

I have to admit my boobs are not very big but I don't buy anything else now ( I am on my fifth now)
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    not sure about sizes but nike do AMAZING sports bras- you can choose from different levels of support too- from just gentle exercise to some really hardcore stuff-the more intensly you workout the more supportive bra you pick. they are pricey but oh my god... they hold my (tiny) boobs in place!! i would def recomment!
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that you either spend big money on a seriously good bra like Enell, or Shock Absorber or some of the others recommended here, or you double bra with cheaper ones that are a teensy bit tight.

I'm a cheapskate, so I wear two sports bras. I like the Champion C9 from Target. I have a bunch of their cami bras, and their racer back bras. I wear the cami bra underneath the racer back bra for running. For something low impact like yoga, I can wear the cami bra underneath a yoga top which has a built-in shelf bra without needing to buy a different bra for that. Sometimes I wear the racer back bras on their own at the weekend under t-shirts.

[I'm a C though - maybe with a DD you are stuck with going for the expensive ones.]
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra then a pullover sports bra on top. They do not move or jiggle even a little bit! I do high impact Zumba mostly and it's what works best for me.

For horseback riders, nothing keeps them in place better than body armor.
  • db5503
    db5503 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I second the Enell bra. I usually purchase it online but my local running store has them too. They are about $60-$70 but well worth it. I have been using them for about 5 years.
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=92883&vid=1&pid=731896642

I'm a 36 full D, and I swear by these bras! They're cheap and do the job and I only need to wear one. Score.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    under armor, moving comfort and elomi i hear are very good for DD i hear. you might be able to get away with enell but i found they are iffy for smaller ribcages than 38

panache and shock absorber are pretty much my go-tos, so i can only assume if they work for me who's much larger than DD even when i'm sprinting at over 7.5 mph then they are probably going to be good for smaller cups
  • RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Juno Bra by Moving Comfort. I'm a DD - E and there is zero bounce with this bra.
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ok hopefully this won't offend anyone but here's my advice. If you're already having a hard time finding them (as I did as well), trying twenty different order online sites to find the right one, is going to be just as discouraging. Your best bet is to go to the places, look around for people that look like you and go to that section and try em on! It might take 50, but you only need one or two winners! That way, you can stretch, walk around, compare brands etc.

The only time i'd order online is if you find one you love and they don't have your size or you're replacing one you've already had!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Ok hopefully this won't offend anyone but here's my advice. If you're already having a hard time finding them (as I did as well), trying twenty different order online sites to find the right one, is going to be just as discouraging. Your best bet is to go to the places, look around for people that look like you and go to that section and try em on! It might take 50, but you only need one or two winners! That way, you can stretch, walk around, compare brands etc.

The only time i'd order online is if you find one you love and they don't have your size or you're replacing one you've already had!

the only problem with this is that for certain sizes, online id your only choice. for instance i'm a 34 HH and it's pretty impossible to find regular bras that will fit my girls except in certain stores and there's only 1 place i've ever been that might have sports bras in my size and that's a bra store that's only in NYC that specializes in hard to find sizes.

As far as going to a sporting goods store, i have friends who are c-d cup who have hard time finding things in the store so once you get over a certain size, finding stuff in your local will be difficult if not impossible.

the good thing about online stores though is that all places have good return policy. yeah it's a pain to hard to order 1001 bras from difft locations but it's hard out here for bodacious tatas :laugh:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra then a pullover sports bra on top. They do not move or jiggle even a little bit! I do high impact Zumba mostly and it's what works best for me.

I do this too. There's a Champion one at Target that, when pulled over my regular bra, works great for Zumba, running, jumping jacks, etc., even when I was DD. They're $16.99 and I have a bunch of them. I also have the Champion clasp one that somebody else mentioned. The only thing I don't like is the light cup padding is removable and I worry it's not going to stay where it's supposed to.
  • aishabhoi1
    Options
    hi,
    i m from india and i always wear sports bra while exercise. in india we have good brands for sports bras like Amante,enamor,Triumph and prettysecrets.
    http://prettysecrets.com/lingerie/bras/sports
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wear two bras. One regular and one sports bra. I bought the sports bra online from old navy.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents-I would make sure that I could try it on. I've had the same 2 sports bras for years. 1 is comfy and gives me the "uniboob" and the 2nd is supposedly the same size as my normal bra. Problem is, the normal bra is almost too big and the sports bra barely fits now-I had to lose over 30 pounds just to squeeze into it!
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wear two bras. One regular and one sports bra. I bought the sports bra online from old navy.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same size as you. If you are looking for bargain priced bras Target has clasp in the back Champion spots bras that work great they go by bra sizes. I use them for Zumba, running & spin classes. If you don't mind spending some cash Moving Comfort is the best you can order them off Amazon.

I agree with the Target bras. I'm smaller than you, 32DD, but I find getting the medium impacts in a small works well for me. The high impact bras there go by cup size too. They dont carry 32 anything, so I can't tell you if they're effective, but it's worth trying on. All of them are under $50. I also almost always work out in a workout shirt with a built in bra just for extra security, but I hate all bounce