Anyone losing weight for the big wedding day?

Options
I'm getting married this summer! I've decided to totally change my lifestyle fitness and eating habits to look and feel great, gatta fit into a beautiful dress this summer, anyone else in the same boat? :happy:

Replies

• Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm losing a lot of weight overall, i'm already down 70+ i'm trying to lose another 100ish
    I'm already married, but we are going to have a wedding soon!
    I use beachbody work outs, what are you doing?
  • hollyanne572
    hollyanne572 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have not set a date yet as both my Fiance and I would like to get in better shape before our special day.
    I would love to fit into my dream dress xx
  • laurahmacdonald
    laurahmacdonald Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for my wedding too, we're hopefully going to get married next October but just waiting to hear back from the church. Really want my dream dress as it's only one day but the photos last forever!! :)
  • sravenel
    sravenel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not losing, but lost. I got married on October 12th and it was such a great feeling to walk down the aisle with confidence!
  • tarag8100
    tarag8100 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well, I started back to the gym and logging food before he proposed but now with planning a wedding for May 2014, it's GAME ON! Ordered my dress about 2 weeks ago! I'm not working towards a specific weight by W-day but I want to continue to be healthier and work on getting stronger. That confidence will shine through in pictures more than being a specific weight (IMHO).
  • Juslane
    Juslane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Goal is to lose weight and tone up. I have 12 months. Good luck everyone! :-)
  • Juslane
    Juslane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started low carb (day 3) and Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred (day 1).
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You should have some post-wedding goals to keep up with as well.
  • jenniferrr127
    jenniferrr127 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep! :) I am!
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight for my friend's wedding. She asked me to be her maid of honor so I don't want to be the FAT maid of honor. I'm losing weight slowly and charted out what I should be weighing by the end of the week each week until her wedding in May. The chart helps :D
  • andreaheileman
    andreaheileman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm getting married October 4th, 2014 and hope to lose a total of 50lbs! I'm down 17lbs so far and I need to start looking for a wedding dress in a few months here so wish me luck! :flowerforyou:
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My wedding is Oct 18, 2014 and i'm going for a 10lb loss and to really get killer looking arms/shoulders since my dress is strapless. Slow and steady...!
  • momof32009
    Options
    I'm getting married July 26, 2014. My goal is to lose at least 30+lbs by then.. I've only lost 7lbs so far but I have cut out my pop all together. I want to look good for my beach wedding. We all need to keep each other motivated..
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My man gave me a promise ring last Christmas... I told him he wasn't aloud to propose to me until I was at my goal weight. We are in no hurry to get married, but the thought of it keeps me going that's for sure.

ETA: My promise ring no longer fits (much tooo big for my finger now) .. looking forward to getting it resized one day
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Getting Married May 2014, and my wedding dress is already here. My goal is to have the seamstress have to take the dress in one full size from a 16 to a 14! Fingers crossed. If I get to size 14, my goal then changes to size 12 and so forth. But I would be so proud of myself to be down just one size.
    08782021 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Getting married in June 2014. Good luck girls with all your fitness goals!
  • lynnegrier
    lynnegrier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    12th April, 2014 is my big day! I also really want to lose weight to be healthy after the wedding date and not spend my 30s dieting like I did my 20s!

Good luck to everyone!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Not losing, but lost. I got married on October 12th and it was such a great feeling to walk down the aisle with confidence!

Congrats on your recent wedding! My husband and I were married October 18th :-)

We didn't have a traditional wedding, and fitting into a certain dress was not my motivation for weight loss (although I think more power to those who find motivation in it!)

I met my now-husband at 270 lb, snugly in a size 22. I joined MFP shortly before our engagement and was happy to be 218 lb, a looser-fitting size 18 on our wedding day 16 months later!!
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I went from a UK size 18 to a UK size 6/8 in a year for my wedding. Best motivation ever, congratulations! :D
  • amandamae61288
    amandamae61288 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wedding date set in June 2014. I started losing much before we had a date set. I have 5-10 lbs to lose but I am much more concerned with body fat %. I am hoping to be 135-140lbs by June and down to under 25% body fat. My ultimate goal is 20% body fat, but I expect that will be slow coming. I would really like to get some definition in the arms and back before the wedding though, and ultimately the number on the scale matter less than how I look and feel when that day comes, though they are correlated for sure.

My college graduation took place at my heaviest (about 175lbs) and I hate looking at those pictures. I just want to be able to look at my wedding pictures without lamenting on my double chin and back-fat, etc...

Good luck to everyone on reaching their goals for their wedding!