uggh! ready to give up

Options
iv been doing so well. iv lost 7lbs in since the second week of october. im trying to lose my pregnancy weight and still have 10lbs to go 5 months later (i gained 50lbs). for the last week iv have hit a complete stop on the weightloss adn to make it worse the last three days iv completly ignored my calorie goals. i wanna lost 3 or 4 more pounds this month but i dont see it happening. any advice to jumpstart my weightloss again? also im breastfeeding (which seemed to be helping at first).

i feel in need of advice and encouragement.

i wanna do this to feel better about myself adn to get back to prepregnancy weight so i can lose 25 or so more pounds to be in my best shape!

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie goal?

Open your diary.

Weight loss isn't going to happen every week, especially now that you're down to the last few pounds. You should have MFP set to lose no more than 1 lb per week. If you are ignoring your calorie goal it makes me wonder if you're trying to be too restrictive.
  • JodiMMitchell
    JodiMMitchell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No giving up!!! Are you exercising? Even walking will help boost your metabolism. Are you getting enough to eat? Enough protein? Those things might help!!
  • 141by2016
    Options
    Remember to eat enough to support breast feeding too, as for now that is a top priority and will help you and baby be healthier long term. Congratulations BTW!
  • shirukitsune
    Options
    right now my goal is at 2lbs per week (1200 cal) but i get an extra 400 for breastfeeding and i exersice at least 40 minutes of walking a day so that adds to it. i always go over my protien. i think i mainly ignored my calorie goal because im a stress eater.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Consider resetting to 1 lb per week. 2 lbs per week is really only appropriate if you've got 50 lbs to lose or more. Your body just doesn't have the fat reserves to lose more than that, so if you do end up dropping more it'll be partly muscle. You want to keep your muscle, because that's what makes you look good naked.

For the stress try to find some other ways to cope. Exercise is a great one. I also like beach walks, painting, and reading when I'm stressed out.
  • shirukitsune
    Options
    okay ill try setting it to 1lb per week. 1lb is kinda slow for my liking but ill try to have some patience lol
  • shirukitsune
    Options
    i have 10lbs of prepregnancy weight but i have 38lbs til my goal