• 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    They are comfortable for me.

898189992_f0a4b160f6.jpg?v=0
  • Manda_1986
    Manda_1986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wear them a lot in winter. I live in Brisbane, Australia and it rarely gets really cold here, but it gets too cold to just have bare legs. I don't know how bigger ladies can wear them. I find I have to buy X-Tall which here is the largest you can buy (I am an American size 6 Australian size 10, 5'7 67kgs). If I buy any smaller they are just really tight and fall down which is the worst!
    I wouldn't say they are the most comfortable fashion accessory...but they make my legs look good and keep me warm :).
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

win
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    Anytime I wear them, I do not mind them. They actually keep me warm. :x
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

Thanks, my keyboard is covered in water now. :brokenheart:

I buy tights, they're thicker and don't move around as much
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I got maternity ones when I was pregnant with my first (7 years ago) and I now only by maternity ones. They are not as tight in the belly but not saggy on my thighs.
  • lablueluna
    Options
    I am one of the few that loves pantyhose. I make sure to buy them with plenty of room and if that means I need a size bigger, then I buy that. I have no issues with them sagging or being so tight that they end up sliding down (which would drive me nuts). I thing that buying them big enough is the trick.

This! ^ As I gained weight, I had to make sure to buy a size that was big enough not to slide down; I had several close call wardrobe malfunctions. I don't really wear pantyhose as much as I do tights. I live in dresses, tights, and boots in the winter. American Apparel makes pretty comfy tights that go up high enough for my liking.
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My dog doesn't seem to mind them either.

0000d284_medium.png
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    Can't start pantyhose! Haven't worn them since I was a kid and my mom made me wear them.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Nope. Even when I was skinny I hated them, I felt like a sausage. I'll wear knee/thigh highs and those bother me still. If I must leggings now a days, otherwise nada.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't mind them and yes they do wonders under slacks and dresses.

But honestly, I prefer spanx tights. They have lots of colors that are not available in pantyhose. And two that are reversible shades.
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like (and require) opaque (footless) tights/leggings especially with skirts because my thighs chafe like crazy and did even when I was thin and young (like 20 years ago).
    But stockings have always been annoying on and off - ripping all the time, washing weird, never remembering what the back or front is and then feeling like strange in them all day, because it is probably on the wrong way. Oh and not to mention having to have them for work (waitress) and forking out the last of your weekly cash to get a new pair only to shove your finger right through trying to get them on *grrr*

and unless I am wearing sneakers I usually don't like socks either...