Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    meh.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    all say you mind is ok? but is it? give up the white poison and then see if you say the same thing.

I thought I used to have a great mind, then I gave up sugar and guess what? my mind has improved.

Only when you give all sugar will you know what you are talking about.

It is nothing more than white poison. Hidden in foods to trick you into buying more Poison and filling the pockets of fat cats.

White poison? I don't take cocaine.
    Glad your mind had improved, shame your typing went downhill though. Missing words out of sentences just might be a symptom that you aren't as well as you think you are.
    Maybe a little honey might help?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    all say you mind is ok? but is it? give up the white poison and then see if you say the same thing.

I thought I used to have a great mind, then I gave up sugar and guess what? my mind has improved.

It is nothing more than white poison. Hidden in foods to trick you into buying more Poison and filling the pockets of fat cats.

you're completely right, after all its not like it is in naturally occurring in foods or is natural itself, or been around for 100's of years........

Oh .......

wait......
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    How about relying on actual science.

Metabolic causes of dementia include:

Endocrine disorders, such as Addison's disease or Cushing's disease
    Heavy metal exposure, such as to lead, arsenic, mercury, or manganese
    Repeat episodes of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), most often seen in people with diabetes who use insulin
    Hyperparathyroidism, which is very high levels of calcium in the blood
    Hypothyroidism (low levels of thyroid hormone) or thyrotoxicosis (very high levels of thyroid hormone in the body)
    Liver cirrhosis
    Porphyria
    Nutritional disorders, such as vitamin B1 deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, pellagra, or protein-calorie malnutrition

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000683.htm

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

there is a tentative link to animal protein consumption (i.e. it has a higher prevalence in cultures that traditionally consume a meat based diet and a lower prevalence in cultures that traditionally a vegetarian diet or a diet with a high percentage of vegetables in it), but that is tentative at best and needs to be researched further, before any claims can be made
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Those Dracula ice pops look yummy. Also, that story is on a Canadian network. Canadians only know about maple syrup.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    it is all down to sugar.

No, there is a link between elevated glucose levels and dementia:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1215740

There is a difference given a multitude of things can elevate glucose levels. I think people should be mindful of their added sugar intake and seek to have a balanced diet certainly but this kind of alarmism doesn't help anyone.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I gave up white poison years ago and I'm just fine, tyvm

Poison-Bret-Michaels_400.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    That-Girl-is-Poison.jpg
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    That-Girl-is-Poison.jpg

Bell Biv Devoe...now you know...yo slick, blow....
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Colbert+Sucker.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Damn...I supposed I need to give up fruits, veggies, legumes and milk then. Hope I don't get scurvy.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Colbert+Sucker.gif

^^ That's hot
  • RachtheOzkiwi
    RachtheOzkiwi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am dyslexic
  • RachtheOzkiwi
    Options

White poison? I don't take cocaine.
    Glad your mind had improved, shame your typing went downhill though. Missing words out of sentences just might be a symptom that you aren't as well as you think you are.
    Maybe a little honey might help?

I am dyslexic, and it has improved since giving up the sugar, maybe hard for you to believe.
    But you want every reason in not beliving that is bad for you. So you will pick holes in everything. I would like to analyze your writing.

But then again I have given it up entirely and for quite awhile now, and the odd time I did not read the label correctly and ate something, I have become sick and lo and behold the products always have had sugar in them.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I am dyslexic

I apologise if my jokey comment caused offence.

But I would like to point out that even if you have an intolerance to sugar (all sugars or just one particular type?) then that doesn't make sugar unsafe, dangerous or a poison for the whole population.

I have a severe allergy to penicillin - it almost killed me. But that doesn't make penicillin a poison let alone make all antibiotics a poison.
  • RachtheOzkiwi
    Options
    I am dyslexic

I apologise if my jokey comment caused offence.

But I would like to point out that even if you have an intolerance to sugar (all sugars or just one particular type?) then that doesn't make sugar unsafe, dangerous or a poison for the whole population.

I have a severe allergy to penicillin - it almost killed me. But that doesn't make penicillin a poison let alone make all antibiotics a poison.

I just think know has worked for me and others that have given up sugar and seen major benifits in all aspects of thier lives.

I can not take any, maybe a date or two everynow and again and I grew up been fed sugar.
  • OatFloats
    Options
    There is a huge difference between dementia and plain old forgetfulness. I'll leave it to the doctor to diagnose. But that being said, I do eat more nutrient rich foods when I limit my added sugars. Sugar is just added fluff most times that causes my blood sugar to go out of whack for a short period of time. I really hate that. Over several years of such episodes, it would not be surprising if the cumulative effects were more long term.