going to try 1200 cal diet

Options
i just started cutting on the 1200 cal diet ive been hearing about. going to eat totally clean, mostly chicken/fish plus vegetables. going to count everything. have any of you personally had success on this diet? also i heard potato's can get you fat and shouldnt eat them during this diet

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Seems%2BLegit.jpeg
  • kaylingonzales
    kaylingonzales Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    good luck with that muscle loss
  • fishnbrah
    Options

why do you say that?
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    ive done it for a week or 2 before and lost like 3-5lbs but of course i felt like **** and gained it all back. i only did this to get ready for an event coming up
  • kaylingonzales
    Options
    You are how tall and weigh how much?
    If your picture are current then you need more calories than just 1200 to maintain your muscle mass. So unless you are a 5'0 110 muscle man then 1200 is very unlikely to be a healthy calorie intake for you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Good luck with all your health and fitness goals. :flowerforyou:
  • angelzprophecy
    Options

itll take a little time before your body will start the process of gluconeogenesis (turning muscle into glycogen) from severe caloric deficits so itll depend on how long your on this diet
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    You are how tall and weigh how much?
    If your picture are current then you need more calories than just 1200 to maintain your muscle mass. So unless you are a 5'0 110 muscle man then 1200 is very unlikely to be a healthy calorie intake for you.

5'6 175
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

itll take a little time before your body will start the process of gluconeogenesis (turning muscle into glycogen) from severe caloric deficits so itll depend on how long your on this diet

Is that what you think gluconeogenesis means?
  • kaylingonzales
    Options
    But it will eventually happen. If it's just short term to cut for a week or two then try but long term it sounds unhealthy just my two cents, ultimately you do what works for you.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Your profile pics denote that you know a lot about nutrition and fitness, is this a troll post or are you just doing a very aggressive cut?

If it is for a short period and you can hit your macros successfully (which seems difficult) good luck.

I guess you mean net 1200 cals.

What was the inspiration for such a low number?
  • kaylingonzales
    Options

lol don't you know? everyone is a scholar these days!
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    Your profile pics denote that you know a lot about nutrition and fitness, is this a troll post or are you just doing a very aggressive cut?

If it is for a short period and you can hit your macros successfully (which seems difficult) good luck.

no i found my avi on the internet like yours. i want to look like it though
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

I am definitely thinking troll. Or those aren't his abs.
  • fishnbrah
    Options

if they were, would you like them?
  • angelzprophecy
    Options

thats not what it is?

i got my information from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdEuXLAUHkg

correct me if my source is wrong
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

I have a pic in my profile pics of my stomach now and I was fat, I mean FAT when I started 10 months ago and I eat around 2300 cals a day and 2900cals once a week on refeed day. VLCD is not necessary to reach goals, patience and sustainability are the way to go.

Are all your profile pics off the internet? that seems odd...because that dude is cut and muscular!!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    i just started cutting on the 1200 cal diet ive been hearing about. going to eat totally clean, mostly chicken/fish plus vegetables. going to count everything. have any of you personally had success on this diet? also i heard potato's can get you fat and shouldnt eat them during this diet

Why do you want to do a 1,200 calorie diet, or any diet at all? Diets don't work in the the long term, and people generally gain weight back once they go back to normal eating.

If that's you in the picture, you look very muscled. By your stated height and weight, you also are not overweight. Why not just eat healthy and continue your body building?

As for potatoes making you fat- nope. What makes a person fat is eating more calories than you burn. You can lose weight eating candy bars if you eat within a calorie deficit.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

if they were, would you like them?

Fishing_aa2770_1790865.jpg
  • fishnbrah
    Options

I have a pic in my profile pics of my stomach now and I was fat, I mean FAT when I started 10 months ago and I eat around 2300 cals a day and 2900cals once a week on refeed day. VLCD is not necessary to reach goals, patience and sustainability are the way to go.

Are all your profile pics off the internet? that seems odd.

u mirin pics?