Day 1...any advice?

Options
Today is my day 1 of tracking my "progress"... I'm excited to see how this works out.... Does anyone have any advice for a newbie?

Replies

• kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink all of your water -- and then some. Good luck
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Keep it real log everything you put into your mouth. Every little nibble and bite it all adds up at the end of the day. PS you will love this site it is awsome
  • CinderellaMom
    Options
    One day at a time..... and log everything :smile:
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ask for help and get support

good luck

debbie
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Resist temptation to step on the scale every second of every day. Once a week is ideal, I'm too addicted so I weigh myself once every morning. Also, when you weigh, stay consistent. The best situation to weigh for the most accurate number is after using the bathroom in the morning, before you eat anything, in your birthday suit or at least the same lightweight items of clothing. That way you know it's accurate. You generally weigh 1-3 lbs heavier at night from eating and drinking all day.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    1) Be sure to read the posts flagged in the Introduction Forum for Newbies. There is TONS of great information in there. If all people read them, we would not get the same repetitive questions over and over.

2) Make friends and stay in touch with them on here. They will keep you coming back and working on yourself. They will also encourage you.

3) Take it one step at a time. Don't let yourself get overwhelmed.

4) Keep coming back!! You can do it. It took me quite a while hanging out on here before I got the hang of everything. I am glad I put in the time to keep trying.
  • duffs
    duffs Posts: 1
    Options
    Log all your food, but remember you need to enjoy yourself as well as keep an eye on food so don't be too harsh if you slip one day:wink:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Be patient, and relax.....You will step on the scale and gain some weight at some point.
  • just keep doing it. it's a habit and takes effort to start like all journalling but it really opens your eyes and helps keep you on track - good luck
  • jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome!!! I love this site, it has really helped me out. Just track EVERYTHING and be honest with yoruself. I used to get mad at myself when I went over a little but really its okay to slip up once in a while. You still have to live. Soon you will find balance and realize what you can still eat and what treats are okay. Log your exercise too, it gives you extra cals and its liek a reward.

Most of all be patient, weigh in ONLY once a week and realize that we are all here to support you!!!

Good Luck!! :)
  • Mrbackslap
    Mrbackslap Posts: 145
    Options
    Week one drink alot alot of water atleast 16 cups
    Week 2 start eating breakfast healthy also walk more
    week 3 start to plan your meals and light jog
    week 4 start working out hard atleast 1 hour every day.

If you can keep atleast with water then everything should fall into place as you go
  • fgallucci
    Options
    Perservere failure is not an option take 1 day at a time and stay away from negative people because most people get jealous when people are succeding
    Best wishes and
    Happy health