Hello from Houston

Options
Hello all! I need to lose my pregnancy weight gain and so far I am doing a poor job. My baby is almost 8 months old and I am still wearing most of my pregnancy clothes, because my normal clothes either do not fit or looks terrible on (and I refuse to buy larger sizes). I have significantly altered my food intake and started training for the Houston Marathon last month with my husband. However, I have not seen results on the scale nor in my clothes. I am at a loss and a little discouraged. My husband of course is losing weight and toning up beautifully, but not I and it is soooo frustrating. I hope that by joining myfitnesspal and seeing my caloric intake and calories burned that I can make the necessary adjustments to finally see results.

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Make sure your nutrition is on point. If it is not you will struggle when you get it right on it will melt off you like butter. It is very important to knowyour BMR so yo uknow how many calories you require at rest then you need to factor your exercise in or activities. Consitancy is the Key.
    Do not eat foods out of a box frozen included!
    Do Not eat anything with
    “High Fructose Corn Syrup
    “Bleached or enriched flour” BAD
    “Simple Sugars” Read YOUR LABLES
    “Partially hydrogenated
    “Watch the salt”
    These additives could make you feel hungry!!! and allow you to overeat!!! and cause long term health problems!!!!!!!!!!!
    DRINK WATER!!!! VERY IMPORTANT-- GREEN TEA, WHITE TEA IS OK NON SWEETENED
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too joined myfitnesspal TODAY! It is a really cool site I'm finding. Would love to have you as a fitness pal, we can encourage one another!!! Good luck!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome alvin tex here :drinker:
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    welcome! I'm in Houston too..

you've gotten some great advice already.

Are you breastfeeding your 8 month old?
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hi, i am from houston, tx- welcome
  • dlemesh
    dlemesh Posts: 3
    Options
    I breastfed my baby until he turned 6mos old. I think that was part of my problem, I could not control the hunger caused by breastfeeding and my food choices were not the best. I had never experienced such hunger.
  • dlemesh
    dlemesh Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks ProTfitness, I have a lot to learn. I pretty much have figured that my caloric intake is the problem. Thanks for the advice.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Katy, TX here! Welcome
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Another Houstonian. Howdy!
  • cllwoman
    Options
    Hello everyone, just started today.. having trouble knowing what to eat not a big fan of vegetables as snacks not a fan of baked fish. Just need some food ideas and friends. I know this will be a long and hard journey but I need to do it for myself. My manfriend says that he loves me the way I am but I am not happy. Hate getting dressed, the majority of my weight is in my stomach, want to loose that and tone my body. I work at a desk job so not really active, I did buy a treadmill and have the wii fit.
    Looking for encouragement and friends so that we can help each other down this long road.