Trying to do start zumba again

Options
Last time I tried to lose weight with zumba I wasn't consistent. I would feel toner the next day but didn't see the scale move which was why I stopped. But I want to start again but don't know how many days a week I should go. I am 5'8 and 165lb and would like to lose at least 30lb by May. Any advice for what to eat would help too. Thank you.

Replies

• aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hiii
    Not too sure as iv started zumba recently.but i do the videos from youtube. There are some excellent zumba videos.
    A lot of ppl i know swear by zumba for weight loss and toning.i have yet too see any results.
    Zumba burns a good no. Of calories...set ur mfp as accurately as u can based on activity level and if you have a deficit in calories you should see scale move.
    I would think doing zumba a few times a week would be best.
    Good luck
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    no clue but interested in others responses.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oh and what to eat well ...i dont think you need to eat a certain type of food..eating clean with protein n fruit n veg is a good idea but i dont think having a treat is a problem. I eat bread n cake n stufff as long as its within calorie lmit you should still lose.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Zumba is an excellent calorie burn and a really fun way to exercise :) I'm a bit mad cause I'll do anything up to 6 classes a week depending on how I feel, but that's with 4-5 different instructors so each class is different. I'd honestly start out just doing 1-2 classes a week and find an instructor that works for you then work up to more.

As for eating. As long as you maintain a calorie deficit (and that INCLUDES eating back some or all of your exercise cals) you will lose. There are not so good and much better choices, but I'm 79lbs down and I still eat pretty much what I want. Even pizza & ice cream!