Working out everyday

Options
For the last 2 months I have been working out everyday for 2 hours I do full body and ab workouts and strength training (lifting weights) I eat about 1200 calories each day and it's all healthy clean eating I won't even have 1 potato chip, I weigh 55 and I'm 175cm yet I need to workout everyday even on these calories to maintain my weight I am physically exhausted I never have any energy I took a rest day yesterday and I gained a kilo yet I still have no energy I can't even kick a football right because I don't have the energy to

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You're already underweight. So not sure why you think you need to lose more weight. You need to eat more and exercise less as your going to make yourself ill. If you have problems doing that you need to seek professional help
  • JackRCarey
    Options
    I need to workout everyday to not gain though and it's killing me
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd already answered this one?

Well, here goes:

No one (apart from professional athletes) needs to train 2+ hours a day. Let alone a kid trying to maintain his weight. Let alone a kid who's already underweight.

I think you may need to talk to someone.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Jesus, I just ran the numbers:

you're 5'8" and 120lb?

You're 1-2 inches taller than me and 30lbs lighter.

You must have, like, 4% bf? Or something.

Get thee to a medic young man! F&ck knows what you've already done to your metabolism with this nonsense.... you need a) feeding up a bit and b) some sort of counseling.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i'm guessing you are underweight already by the previous posts. If that's the case, you need to exercise less, eat more and get to a healthy weight. Then maintain that. Or keep under eating, keep over exercising and end up in the ER like I did. No fun. Talk to someone and make a plan to get you to a healthy living and work on achieving that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    1.) you don't need to train EVERY day
    2.) you don't need to train 2 hrs ever session
    3. you probably don't need to eat 1200 calories a day.
    4.) what are your goals?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The answer is simple: you're over training.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining

A number of possible mechanisms for overtraining have been proposed:

Microtrauma to the muscles are created faster than the body can heal them.
    Amino acids are used up faster than they are supplied in the diet. This is sometimes called "protein deficiency".
    The body becomes calorie-deficient and the rate of break down of muscle tissue increases.
    Levels of cortisol (the "stress" hormone) are elevated for long periods of time.
    The body spends more time in a catabolic state than an anabolic state (perhaps as a result of elevated cortisol levels).
    Excessive strain to the nervous system during training.

Overtraining may be accompanied by one or more concomitant symptoms:

Persistent muscle soreness
    Persistent fatigue
    Elevated resting heart rate
    Reduced heart rate variability
    Increased susceptibility to infections
    Increased incidence of injuries
    Irritability
    Depression
    Mental breakdown

While exercising regularly, rest is far more important than constant exercise. When you're at the gym, a) don't exercise for more than 1.5 hours, and b) take AT LEAST one rest day every week. Any more, and you WILL over train yourself and your progress will go backward.

Also, EAT MORE! You're already underweight, you will put yourself in hospital if you keep this up. You wonder why you have no energy, it's because your body has run out of energy sources. It's eating itself now (and not the fat - the muscle). You SHOULD be eating 2000 - 2500 calories every day if you're exercising as much as you are. Seriously.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I used to work out everyday through june until 1st week august and i stopped until october so that is 2 months break, I weighed in November and didnt gain a pound. Srsly dude. You're overtraining and not eating well, your anxiety over gaining weight is not helping either. Eat more please and take a break maybe just do 3-5x a week of exercise that would be enough honestly for maintainance. I wish more people would have the drive like yours. :flowerforyou: