Cats on MFP?

Options
2»

Replies

• ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, littleone! My vet said that my 13 lb. boy cat (we have three; all indoor) just has a very low metabolism (probably due to the fact that he's neutered). He recommended the Science Diet high-protein food that you mentioned as opposed to the diet food (which has carb-laden fillers). Because we have several cats we decided to just feed them their normal dry food (unfortunately they do not speak English and we do not speak...whatever...and cannot obey orders to eat from certain bowls), but one thing that we've tried is a Laser Pointer.
    I strongly recommend them! Your cats can "Lasercize"! They love it and will chase that thing around until you get tired of it or something breaks, whichever comes first.
    Have you ever seen a cat panting? It's one of the funniest things ever. I almost dropped the laser pointer the first time I saw that--the little tongue lolling out. :tongue: ...just like a dog, except much more amusing. :laugh:

Cat panting is actually very bad. Feline lungs work differently, keeping less of a reserve. My kitty, Boudica, pants quite often due to her asthma. It is NOT a good thing and means the cat is in distress. If your cat continues to pant, please see a vet.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, littleone! My vet said that my 13 lb. boy cat (we have three; all indoor) just has a very low metabolism (probably due to the fact that he's neutered). He recommended the Science Diet high-protein food that you mentioned as opposed to the diet food (which has carb-laden fillers). Because we have several cats we decided to just feed them their normal dry food (unfortunately they do not speak English and we do not speak...whatever...and cannot obey orders to eat from certain bowls), but one thing that we've tried is a Laser Pointer.
    I strongly recommend them! Your cats can "Lasercize"! They love it and will chase that thing around until you get tired of it or something breaks, whichever comes first.
    Have you ever seen a cat panting? It's one of the funniest things ever. I almost dropped the laser pointer the first time I saw that--the little tongue lolling out. :tongue: ...just like a dog, except much more amusing. :laugh:

:laugh: That is so funny. I'll have to get a laser pointer. My cats are both indoor only cats too so they don't get a lot of exercise. That will be fun for all three of us. :laugh:

I read the next post so I'll be sure they don't get so much exercise they have to pant.