Counting Calories...UGHHHHHH!

Options
So, I ran across this app on my phone the other day after a group of clients that I have, challenged me to the challenge I had given them, which was start tracking your food intake!
Unfortunately, and I say that with sarcasm :) I have always been very active and have had the completely undisciplined metabolism of a teen. Well, here I am at 50 with a significantly slower metabolism and no discipline in my eating habits. Needless to say I was very disturbed by the idea of having to count calories, and even more disturbed by the challenge to practice what I preach.
I am still very active, exercise consistantly, eat foods that are good for me, just one little glitch......I eat tooooooo much!
I'm excited to have found this site, looking forward to making some new friends and mostly I'm excited to learn how to eliminate some bad habits while working to reveal the sexy grandma under this 30 lbs. of excess baggage!:bigsmile:

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site if you have 3 or 30 or 130 lbs to lose! Good luck getting rid of the bad habits you'd like to break - this site makes it much easier (in my experience). It's hard to deny that you're eating too much when it's right in front of you!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think you'll find this calorie counting thing to be a lot less hassle than you think. This site has actually made me excited about logging calories and exercise and has helped me to lose 110 lbs. Best of luck to you!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    As an ex WW, I find this site pretty easy to use.