Oats

Options
What is the healthiest oats you can get or the lowest calorie oats

Replies

• mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    How about you go to the grocery store and read labels instead of making topics for EVERY food that you eat, like everyone else?
  • Baseballsh2
    Baseballsh2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How about you go to the grocery store and read labels instead of making topics for EVERY food that you eat, like everyone else?

You don't have to be a jerk. Labels can be confusing to newbies. How about helping people instead of criticizing them.
  • Baseballsh2
    Baseballsh2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is the healthiest oats you can get or the lowest calorie oats

Steel cut oats are the best.
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I prefer the large flake oats..quicker to cook on the fly yet not as processed as minute oats/5 min oats..
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

You don't have to be a jerk. Labels can be confusing to newbies. How about helping people instead of criticizing them.

Look at his post history and you'll understand her frustration.
    Labels are NOT confusing.
    We were taught how to read them in school.

Also, OP:
    9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I usually buy store brand whole oats, the ones that are big flakes. They cook in the microwave in about a minute and a half. I like to top them with nuts, cinnamon, milk and honey/maple syrup, and usually either a sliced banana or apple.

Really any oatmeal is probably a good choice - even they flavored packaged ones are usually 100-150 calories.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Oats are oats. Eat whatever ones you like.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I dont get this thing about oats??? steel cut and so....whats that???????

here in Germany we only have 2 kinds of oats and I eat them with greek joghurt and a bit almond milk maybe add a banananananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • OatFloats
    Options
    I find my muesli is a bit too chewy with whole oats so I mix some cheap, more-floury looking oats in for a quick sugar spike sometimes. I find that the popular store bought mueslis also look more floury. :) Can't beat the store brand oats at value for money!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I couldn't decide.. so I have old fashioned, quick, steel cut, barley and quinoa in my kitchen. lol

just don't get pre-flavored packets. Get plain and flavor yourself.

Oats are yummy!