The Monday Report

Options
jacksonpt
jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
I figured Success Stories was an appropriate place for this. Why? Because without smaller, incremental success you'll never reach your bigger picture success.

Good years are built on good months, and good months are built on good weeks. So, how did you do last week?

Me? My averages for last week were:

total cals per day: 2482
exercise cals per day: 551
net cals per day: 1932
avg daily deficit: 368
fats: 96g
carbs: 218g
protein: 184g

I had 1 rest day, lifted 2x, and had 5 cardio sessions. That's a little more cardio-centric than I'd like it to be, but otherwise that's pretty good for me. I lost 3lbs, though most of that was normal fluctuations in water weight.

Replies

• strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You are so right. It is those small goals that keep us going. For me my victory for last week is that I got my exercise in every day and maintained my weight. Those are my current goals for each week. I figure if I can do that everything else will eventually follow.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Let's see...

total cals per day: 2069
    exercise cals per day: 511
    net cals per day: 1558
    avg daily deficit: 511
    fats: 88g
    carbs: 247
    protein: 100

Neither lost nor gained. I float at 152. I'd like to drop 3-4lbs for next year's race season.
  • LillyPandme
    Options
    How are you figuring out your average calories per day? I see the bar graph that gives the calories per day on an individual day basis, but I have not figured out how to get the average per day figure for a week, month, etc. from the MFP data. Help?
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    How are you figuring out your average calories per day? I see the bar graph that gives the calories per day on an individual day basis, but I have not figured out how to get the average per day figure for a week, month, etc. from the MFP data. Help?

I dump everything into excel so I can see/manipulate the data better.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

An extractor and analysis tool can be found here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/mfp-extractor-and-trend-watcher-the-program-post-589839

Edit: and my wins for the week are pull-ups 2x3x bodyweight. Slow and steady.
  • LillyPandme
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/mfp-extractor-and-trend-watcher-the-program-post-589839

Ahh - I see. Thank you to both of you for filling this newby in on what to do!
    (Wouldn't it be great if MFP did this automatically?)

:smile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

or add 7 days of calories together and divide by 7.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

or add 7 days of calories together and divide by 7.

0uaD3Rw.gif
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I fcked it up last week but today is a new week and thats whats on
  • jacksonpt
    Options

Admitting and owning your mistakes can be a success... especially if you don't repeat those mistakes.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Chimps are going ape, giraffes remain above it all
    Elephants remember, though just what I can't recall
    Crocodiles are snapping up fresh offers from the banks
    Showed interes in my nest egg but I quickly said, "No thanks!"
    We haven't paid the hornbills and the vultures have a hunch
    Not everyone invited... will be coming back from lunch

This is the morning report
    Gives you the long and the short
    Every grunt, roar and snort
    Not a tale I distort
    On the morning report
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Admitting and owning your mistakes can be a success... especially if you don't repeat those mistakes.

I shall not repeat those mistakes

looking forward to a successful week!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Daily average: 2515

I should probably calculate my deficit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I feel good about last week. I hit my exercise goal (minutes and calories burned) by Friday evening, which is progress for me because often I ONLY get 'real' exercise on Saturday & Sunday.

I went to an Indian buffet and ate "too much" but still stayed within my calories and didn't get dessert afterward.

I "splurged" on pizza as well, but only after 3 solid hours of brisk walking. I'm very pleased.
  • sansbuda
    sansbuda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump for later
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!