How small is too small?

biggphatdaddy
biggphatdaddy Posts: 50
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
When do you draw the line? That high school question got me thinking, and everybody has a line, what symptoms or signs do would make you say, "Maybe this is too little"?

Just curious...

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    For me it would be where I have to be completly consumed by exercise and every little thing I eat. It's too hard to live like that, I know because I've done it before. I always end up gaining it all back and then some.
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    I think for me it would be when it started to affect my health in negative ways. for me, weightloss is a largely health related endeavor so once it was working against my health it would definitely be a sign to stop.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Mine is when I start to see bones jut out from my body. Even before I was big I always thought that was gross and since my goal is to be attractive...

Of course it all really depends on what you want.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Mine is a sort of weight goal. I know in the past I looked skeletal at 130lbs (I'm 5'8" but genuinely do have quite a large frame) so I wouldn't really want to weigh less than 140
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I know I looked decent at 130 without exercise so for me that's the very bottom. Since I am exercising and building muscle and know I could get that low, 135 or 140 will probably be a good number for me. But honestly, I think too low is more toward the bottom of the "healthy" BMI category .
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    I was thinking about this too. I wanted to make sure my weight loss goal is realistic for me. I'm aiming for a healthy fat percentage for now (around 130lbs). Here's a link to a fat percentage test.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html
This discussion has been closed.