Exercising at work

Options
bcattoes
bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
Do you exercise at work? If you do, then perhaps you'd like to join a group of other "Deskercisers" to share your office workouts and get encouragement.

If you have an office/desk job and would like to work more exercise in your day, joining this group could give you great ideas on ways to do that. And a place to brag about it, or get inspiration on those days when you struggle for motivation.

Come check us out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17206-deskercisers

Replies

• simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great group... I bet that fit people will join this group.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Love that group!! Amazing people doing amazing things!! ;)
  • CamillaHerold
    CamillaHerold Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am on my way to getting fit, so I'll join! I sit at a desk, working at a computer, for most of my 8 hour day. I get up now and then but overall there is way too much sitting going on! Next week I move into a larger office with more space, with a bit more privacy. But I'm not too concerned about who sees me, really. I already have a reputation as the old lady of the office who lost weight and is getting fit! I'm also working on switching to a desk with an upper shelf so that I can stand up to work. I really like that idea.
    Right now I have only one piece of exercise equipment at my desk: a stretchy band with handles, which rarely gets used. I just ordered a 65 cm exercise ball to sit on part of the day and I have various sizes of hand weights at home that I can bring in. My workouts at home are almost all walking and running, so I have some serious deficits going on ... back and abs particularly.
    I'll be looking forward to the daily challenges and helpful ideas from this group!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I love this group, too! The more the merrier. I've knocked off some squats, push ups, and a few planks at work today.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I work out daily but sit ALL day long at work, which I know is bad. As an accountant, sitting / work go hand-in-hand. Would love to be a part of this group, just as a reminder to get up and move. Sometimes I run the stairs or do random crunches and squats.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I work out daily but sit ALL day long at work, which I know is bad. As an accountant, sitting / work go hand-in-hand. Would love to be a part of this group, just as a reminder to get up and move. Sometimes I run the stairs or do random crunches and squats.

We'd love to have you in the group. The lady that started the group has discontinued her account so we can't send you an invitation, but the group is open so all you have to do is follow the link below and click join.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17206-deskercisers