oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• drshona
    drshona Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just curious, when you all say 'oatmeal', do you mean porridge? Or are you eating oatmeal or oats with milk pured over like a muesli sort of thing?
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It's safer than sweet n low and splenda!! Take it in moderation, eventually you may be able to try and eat it without! :happy:
  • shriderp
    Options
    i eat my oatmeal with spices in it ...i try many combinations and i dont add milk and i can do this daily if i have to ....with spices the possiblities are endless...
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just something to consider: When you add fast-acting carbs like sugar, it causes a pretty big insulin spike in your blood sugar levels. A lot of times this insulin spike causes the calories to be stored as fat rather than as glycogen, unless directly after a workout. Another way to quell this spike is to eat protein with it, as protein holds down some of the spike. I like to mix a bit of protein powder into my oatmeal with some Stevia. But if brown sugar works for you, then by all means go for it! :)
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal 5 days a week. Sometimes I add Splenda and or brown sugar. I usually add cinnamon and or nutmeg. I also like it with a banana or an apple cooked in it. If you add apple, microwave the apple until they are soft then add the oatmeal and water. I don't do the prepackage oatmeal because of the sodium.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I eat my oatmeal with brown sugar always. Sometimes with honey or maple syrup as well. I regret nothing.
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've added "fruit in its own juice" and the juice to sweeten and add flavor. It keeps me full for quite a while.