How do i get rid of belly flab???

Options
GiGi76
GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
Ok, can anyone give me some advice on getting rid of belly flab... i eat right and workout but its coming off soooooo slow!!! Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of it quicker or what you have done to get rid of yours!!! Any help is very much appreciated!!!!

Replies

• Michaela722
    Options
    If you have stubborn fat on your belly that doesn't come off - no matter how much you diet and exercise, there's only one way to get rid of it. Costs about $8000 and hurts like a beast. Tummy tuck.
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Oh No!!! I cant do that.... i still havent lost all the weight i want yet so maybe it will just keep coming off slowly!!!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    If you have stubborn fat on your belly that doesn't come off - no matter how much you diet and exercise, there's only one way to get rid of it. Costs about $8000 and hurts like a beast. Tummy tuck.

Yes!! I want that sooooo bad!!!! Signe me up!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The suggestion about the $8000 job is not for me. I need my whole body lifted :laugh: and my insurance refuses to pay for anything that was caused my being obese.:grumble:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    just cardio.....keep exercizing and you will shrink. You can't really spot reduce so the fat will come off when it wants from where it wants when it wants. If you do situps and crunches etc you can tone the under layers but until the middle is gone the muscles you build won't be visable.
  • GiGi76
    Options
    I know and that sucks..... i was just thinking there had to be something out there that i could do that would help it along a little faster!!!
  • DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio and you gotta eat extremely healthy. Do you run? Running will def get rid of the belly flab
  • GiGi76
    Options
    started running a couple of weeks ago... maybe if i stick with that and do a second round of p90x that will do the trick!!!
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    just cardio.....keep exercizing and you will shrink. You can't really spot reduce so the fat will come off when it wants from where it wants when it wants. If you do situps and crunches etc you can tone the under layers but until the middle is gone the muscles you build won't be visable.

That's it! I have abs, they're just not visible yet with the naked eye.That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

But seriously, I have the same thing going on. I only have about 10 more lbs to my original goal and my belly isn't completely flat yet. I'm hoping for the best.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    GiGI76
    Abs are carved in the kitchen :)

I had rock hard abs - under my gut fat. Fat came off in sheets for me ( and others ).
    Trying to get the 8 pack requires SERIOUS work, but here are tips that got me to 6 : )

regardless your diet plan, avoid evening carbs. They will likely not be burned off as you sleep.
    Have protein shake or something, especially if your working hard.
    DONT injure your back with situps - you cannot focus on your abs really. Do core and cardio workouts to burn calories.

Recently while sick I was on 0-400 calories / day for a few days. I lost some visible fat around my low abs - but i don't suggest it as I lost strength and muscle size.

So how far have you come? Have you made any ab progress? be honest.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Ab Ripper X is good for abs, however all the jump training and intense cardio in Insanity does even better. Or you can do Hip Hop Abs as your next DVD
  • dcturcotte
    Options
    I was convinced that it was physically impossible for my body to show a 6 pack for years. Today I have the faint outline of an 8pack, and only being halfway there I'll tell you that you have to be 100% dedicated to your goal. I have to exercise like a crazy person and just as or maybe even more important is diet. Even with your 100% focus it will not happen overnight and will take a long time to achieve but you can do it, There was a time when I thought I couldn't either, it's a lot of work but even seeing it start to happen is making it all worth it
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would like to weigh in....no pun intended. I exercise regularly and have a healthy lifestyle...but over the years my weight has creeped up and I now need to shed a few pounds. Running or exercising MORE isn't necessary the answer.

Eating clean (see Clean Diet) and/or seriously REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF SUGAR INTAKE AND BAD CARBS is the one lifestyle change that has made the biggest difference. The second thing is to shake up your workouts. Muscle has memory therefore do not stick with the same exercise program. Also, running MORE won't do it, add interval training. Interval training keeps your metabolism running high. Thirty minutes of interval training at least three times a week with eating clean and you will notice a HUGE difference.....add some strength training three times a week and you are golden! Good luck....keep us posted!
  • dcturcotte
    Options
    Eating clean (see Clean Diet) and/or seriously REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF SUGAR INTAKE AND BAD CARBS is the one lifestyle change that has made the biggest difference. The second thing is to shake up your workouts. Muscle has memory therefore do not stick with the same exercise program. Also, running MORE won't do it, add interval training. Interval training keeps your metabolism running high. Thirty minutes of interval training at least three times a week with eating clean and you will notice a HUGE difference.....add some strength training three times a week and you are golden! Good luck....keep us posted!

I agree, at the end of the day you can't look it as simply losing weight, it's a lifestyle change.