Does anyone know of a safe and good cleanse?

Options
I am wanting to try a cleanse but I am afraid of them. Are there any on the market that are safe and effective? I don't have time to stay in the bathroom all day .

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    What are you cleansing? You have organs that do all of that for you. It's good that you're afraid of the idea because it will hopefully prevent you from doing something stupid.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Juicing
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    No.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Your thread title is an oxymoron.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    There is no scientifically proven reason to do any cleanse. Your body naturally filters out substances it cannot use through excretion and urination. Cleanses are pretty much just a marketing gimmick that companies make you think you should have by using buzzwords like "toxins", "chemicals", and the like that are meaningless without context. At best you get a bit dehydrated and lose some water weight because you are sitting on a toilet paying homage to the porcelin gods.

Why do you feel you need a cleanse?
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any cleanses that won't make you spend a few days in the bathroom and as far as I know most cleanses are fasts. That being said, I think the safest fast would be juicing like csemien1 said. Other fasts generally restrict what type of liquid you can take in, where as with juicing you can make any kind of natural juice you please and get a variety of different vitamins. I fasted for 21 days (for spiritual purposes); I lost tons of weight but unfortunately I gained it back very quickly, so if you are looking to do this for weight loss rather than cleansing out your body you'd probably be better off (and more satisfied) with some kind of diet. To me, it seems kind of futile to do a cleanse for health purposes if you aren't going to immediately go onto some ultra-health diet once the fast ends. Regardless of what you decide to do make sure you read all about the things you MUST do to stay healthy throughout a cleanse (assuming its a fast, for example, its recommended you don't break it with solid foods immediately, but instead transition in. It's also recommended that you do not exercise during a fast, etc., as these things can really hurt you).
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What are you cleansing? You have organs that do all of that for you. It's good that you're afraid of the idea because it will hopefully prevent you from doing something stupid.

QFT
  • ackdyolen
    ackdyolen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggests a simple 24 hour fast, drinking nothing but water. It's extremely safe since we can go many days without food as long as we stay hydrated, and it's as effective as anything you'd pay money for.
  • ackdyolen
    Options
    There is no scientifically proven reason to do any cleanse. Your body naturally filters out substances it cannot use through excretion and urination.

Yep, this too.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    The best cleanse is your body. It cleanses itself on it's on :indifferent:
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    My chiropractor suggests a simple 24 hour fast, drinking nothing but water. It's extremely safe since we can go many days without food as long as we stay hydrated, and it's as effective as anything you'd pay money for.

Fixed that for you.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggests a simple 24 hour fast, drinking nothing but water. It's extremely safe since we can go many days without food as long as we stay hydrated, and it's as effective as anything you'd pay money for.

And what is the point of doing this?
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Wild Rose, you can buy it at Planet Organic.
  • ackdyolen
    Options
    My chiropractor suggests a simple 24 hour fast, drinking nothing but water. It's extremely safe since we can go many days without food as long as we stay hydrated, and it's as effective as anything you'd pay money for.

Fixed that for you.

LOL! Thanks! :-) (I have both -- a doctor and a chiro)
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Once a day, preferably right after waking up, use hot water and cleanse vigorously. I prefer Irish Spring.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I use Vim for cleansing.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat your 5-a-day, get enough fibre, stay hydrated, don't eat a load of junk food. Your body will do the rest, just as it's meant to. :flowerforyou:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Let your body do what it was designed to do... Best cleanse ever...... :drinker:
  • ackdyolen
    Options

And what is the point of doing this?

Honestly, I have no idea. I've never done it. My guess is that it's more mental than anything LOL
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Bleach and a good scrubbing brush