365 days of commitment

Options
Hi all! So I hit my "fitaversary" last week while on vacation - wanted to share my story! Here you go!

November 13, 2013 marked two important anniversaries - my third wedding anniversary (Love you Justin!!) and my first anniversary of starting the journey to a healthier and happier lifestyle. 365 days of developing a healthier lifestyle - better eating habits, getting daily activity in, and loving myself for who I am and how far I've come.

I said in the beginning, I was not in control of a lot of aspects of my life. I realized that the one place I alone I had 100% control over was my body. No one was forcing me to stay lazy, eat fast food, and just generally not care about myself. I was the only one doing the damage, and only I could undo it. Throughout this past year, I have discovered so much about myself. I do have willpower when it comes to saying no to certain foods. I love working out and seeing the changes in my body as I get faster, and more fit. I look forward to trying new exercise group classes - they no longer intimidate me, and they tend to push me to work harder! I've finally found my long hidden self-confidence. I've earned it, and I've put it to good use - taking control of my career and going for my promotion and transferring jobs - completely worth it!!

1 year in, 72 pounds are gone. The relief I feel over my weight loss is overwhelming. I do have control, I do have the ability to lose weight and maintain that weight loss. I've always said "everything in moderation" is my mantra. I log regularly in My Fitness Pal - I treat it like a calorie budget. Sometimes I do go over, but the key is to make sure it doesn't happen every single day. I make it a goal to work out 3-4 days a week, sometime more, sometimes less. The main thing is to stay active. Still, I do weigh in almost every morning, so I can see how I'm doing. The scale doesn't lie, and it keeps me honest with myself.

I couldn't have done this without the support of my husband. He has been a fierce and loyal supporter on this journey. He has lost 130 pounds, after undergoing gastric bypass in April at Johns Hopkins and he is doing amazing. Together we have lost over 200 pounds - that is crazy!! We keep each other accountable. Having a partner to share struggles and victories along the way is a great blessing.

Here's to a full year of sustaining healthy lifestyle changes and many many more for my family!

A Year of Progress in Pictures
3Re8h2

Our Wedding November 13, 2010 (Courtesy of LuluEdward Photography)
g484Ej

My Fitaversary November 13, 2013
8w06Q

Replies

• no2thdk
    Options
    Congratualtions! Great Job! Keep up the good work! You look fantastic! I know its hard but it will be worth it. Tell your Hubby I said Congrats also!
  • StaceyMarie86
    StaceyMarie86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyone know why my photos aren't showing up? I posted them through flickr and followed directions.... bear with me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!