What color lipstick with a red bridesmaid dress?

Options
sizzle74
sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
Help me out ladies? It's a pretty red with a black sash. It is a winter wonderland theme. I have black hair and dark brown eyes and medium skin tone.

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Either red or nude.
  • PeanutButterLuver71
    Options
    With your skin tone i would suggest a red lipstick to match your dress. If you plan on playing up the lips a little, don't wear too much eye shadow.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    With your skin tone i would suggest a red lipstick to match your dress. If you plan on playing up the lips a little, don't wear too much eye shadow.

That's what I was thinking. Red on the lips and not too heavy on the eyes :)
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Definitely a neutral eye with a red lip :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I would do the opposite than the above suggestions - a dark smoky eye and just a clear or nude gloss on the lips.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Nude would be the best option.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Definitely a neutral eye with a red lip :)

yes!
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The first pic is really pretty. The actress Hayden Pannetierre (Sp?)

http://miamariu.com/blog/?tag=smokey-eye
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Red lips fo sho lol
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'd do a sheer gloss the same color as the dress. I personally don't like when the lips match the dress exactly, but to avoid clashing it should be the same color family. Your coloring is dark enough that it would look great on you.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    red matte lipstick or a bubble gum pink matte, like the color NIcki MInaj wears, or a brown matte lipstick
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say something along your natural lip colour aka nude. It can be hard to find the right shade of red to match the dress. Your dress is already the focal point no need to compete with bold lips. Mind you this is just my opinion :smile: Have fun at the wedding!
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you're doing for your eye make up. If you are going with a smoky eye, wear nude lipstick. If your eye makeup is on the "neutral" side, go for red. Watch that the red lipstick you choose does not have an orange undertone because that can make your teeth look "yellow". Choose a red with a blue undertone to make yout smile brighter and whiter.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! :) I did try a red at MAC last night but my husband said it was a bit too orange undertoned. I think I'll look for a darker under tone. I have been wanting a good red lipstick so this will be fun! :)
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    What I want to know is ...

what kind of bride picks a red bridesmaid dress? LOL

MAC Korean Candy is pretty good, but make sure the shades don't clash.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    What I want to know is ...

what kind of bride picks a red bridesmaid dress? LOL

MAC Korean Candy is pretty good, but make sure the shades don't clash.

I have seen lots of red in weddings...it's really pretty! It's a December wedding so she is making it a Christmas winter wonderland :)
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Smokey eye with a nude lip.