emotional eating?

Options
Anyone have any suggestions on what they do when faced with emotional eating??

Replies

• Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Hi, I struggle with this daily. It doesn't always work but if I've had a rough day and want to over eat, I drink a very cold carbonated water or alot of regular water to fill up and make it virtually impossible to overeat. Sometimes i write my emotions down and my goals and it helps. Good luck! I know your struggle!
  • mamoush
    mamoush Posts: 1
    Options
    I have that too...just be aware of it when you do it...the more you are aware of it, then you will have a better chance of stopping yourself next time...
    and if you are aware of it and you still want to eat it...you should do it and enjoy it...don't feel guily about it...

=)
  • angeleyes527
    Options
    thank you ......:flowerforyou: its helps knowing that others struggle with the same problem and work through it.
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You need to FEEL YOUR FEELINGS - even when they are negative, crabby, mad or sad. Cry, or yell or punch a pillow. Talk to a friend. DO some angry exercise. Do something safe and vent. You need to let all that out and not choke it down.
  • angeleyes527
    Options
    You are so right, my usual reaction is to run for the ice cream, it doesnt make me mad (until after i eat it). Its so weird how things change as we get older, i never used to emotional eat until I got divorced and felt like that was the only thing i could control. Next time I am going to the heavy bag first. Thanks BrattyLori :)