Body Comp Analysis

Options
So I finally went to a naturopath Dr to get my body composition tested so that I had a number other than the scale to focus on. It's not pretty...but I knew it wouldn't be. What matters is it's a number I can work on! The machine he used also calculated my TDEE which is 1775. I'm trying to reset my goals to align with these numbers and was hoping someone could help me.

I'm 32 yof, 201lbs, 5'4" with a lean body mass of 125lbs. My TDEE being 1775. I attend a pretty intense boot camp 3 days a week for 50 minutes (combo of strength, plyo, cardio), weight lift 2-3 days 45 minutes (NRLFW), and try to run at least one day for about 45 minutes. I have no idea what my calorie burn is for any of that and therefore do not know what to set my net calories to.

Additionally, I know I should eat about 1g protein for each lb of LBM. That being said...how do I determine how to split up the rest of my calories into fat and carbs?

Thanks all for your help and hope I'm not beating a dead horse :)

ETA: Getting my terms mixed up. My BMR is 1775...not my TDEE.

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Additionally, I know I should eat about 1g protein for each lb of LBM. That being said...how do I determine how to split up the rest of my calories into fat and carbs?

1 g/lb LBM of protein,
    about .8 g/lb LBM of fat,

and the rest is carbs. If I'm remembering right.
  • meljeanbrown
    meljeanbrown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used this site to calculate my marcos. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Edit: I found another thread that should help; http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

1 g/lb LBM of protein,
    about .8 g/lb LBM of fat,

and the rest is carbs. If I'm remembering right.

.35g for fat.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If your only goal is weight loss it really doesn't matter. Calories in/calories out works just fine.

How was the body comp test done. Unless it was a dunk tank or bodpod I wouldn't put too much stock in the numbers.