I wanna be a BIG LOSER!!!

Options
I am Kerry and I try to be healthy but I love all the wrong food. I love carbs and sugar haha. I am also a vegetarian which can be a challenge. The misconception is that vegetarians are skinny, healthy people. Well, you have all the same problems as non vegetarians. I love cake and cookies and french fries... It is tough. I have always struggled with my weight - although I've never been extremely overweight but always slightly overweight. I eat just enough junk to never be truly healthy. I was skinny as a teenager because I didn't eat and I exercised every day. Well, I am trying to excercise every day but eat a well balanced diet. Being vegetarian makes it tough to eat everything your body needs so I am always trying to eat enough protein. I am a mom and finding a good balance and a healthy attitude towards food is very important to me. I do not want my son to have the issues with food that I have had my entire life. I want food to be no big deal to him - it is what it is - fuel not a way to feel better or reward yourself - it is simply fuel. Easier said than done though - as we all know all too well.

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Your new attitude will carry you through this! Ask for help or encouragement anytime.
    Ellen
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Kez, if anyone can be a big loser, you can.

Bhahaha. I love that that sounds terrible. But seriously, I believe in you and love you and together, we've got this!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You can do it! A lot of us have big goals which we can reach together!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,024 Member
    Options
    I too want to be a big looser. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and hypothyroidism , because of this. medication , being lazy and using food for comfort when I am in pain I have gained alot of weight in the last 6 yrs. I am ready to get it off though. We can do this
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    good luck kerry. if you need any support, this site already seems very supportive for everyone trying to reach their goals. I wanna be a BIG LOSER TOO hahaha