Looking for some companions with similar weight loss goals.

Options
nikkis01
nikkis01 Posts: 45 Member
Hi. I'm Nikki and I'm looking for some friends with similar weight loss goals to keep me focused and accountable. At the moment I'm 315lb and have a LONG way to go before I get to a healthy weight. I've fallen off the wagon, dusted myself off and recommitted myself to losing weight. My health has been really bad lately, I was diagnosed with asthma about 18 months ago and have struggled with chest infections for a while, the steroids really piled on the weight and made me quite depressed. I'm also in the process of being tested for the breast cancer gene; my mum and aunty both had breast cancer in their 30's/40's and sadly my aunty passed away a few months ago. I have other close relatives who've had it too so things aren't looking too hopeful. I really need to get the weight off this time; I haven't found a job since I graduated university this summer so now is the prefect time for me to commit myself and give this all I've got. I really struggle with weight loss and any support I could get along the way would be a HUGE help. I'm here every day and I'll give any support I can to help others out. Thanks :)

Replies

• FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    FR sent.

I am at 302 now, but started at 320. I am borderline asthmatic but fortunately have not had any issues since I started working out again.
  • portiamharper
    Options
    Hi Nikki, I'm Portia, I need to loose a lot too. I'm AT 263lb and my goal weight is 140. Let's loose together. I've lost my mom to breast ca and my sister is a survivor. I understand your feelings. Let's get started.....Just for ourselves!!!
  • lovefool63
    lovefool63 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 202, however, my heaviest was was 300. I have lost and regained the same 125 pounds but like you I just restarted MFP again and hopefully it will last until my first goal of 150. Please feel free to add me:)
  • hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 234 pounds. My goal is to lose 80-100 pounds. Congrats for taking this first step. Feel free to add me!
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    Options
    I'd love to help! I'm currently 312. I'll send a request!
  • JenniferJoyce9
    Options
    Currently I am at 235 pounds. This is the highest weight I have ever been at. My goal is to loose 100 pounds and to keep it off, Any and all feel free to add me :)
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi you all....I'm in the same boat as all of you and have gained and lost the same weight and it never gets easier. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and bless her heart, turns 81 in May. My sister has problems with cysts. So I'm no stranger to the horrors .......having you all to help support and encourage will make us successful. We can do this, but most of all we need to do this for ourselves......wishing all of you great success and with each other we can enjoy the ride :)
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is set short term goals. It's less stressful than saying I want to lose X amount of weight total. Maybe start with 5 or 10 pounds or 10% of your body weight. It just makes the weight loss journey a little more enjoyable. Feel free to add me for support.
  • nikkis01
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and support, really makes a difference having friends who are going through the same thing!! Thank you so much! :)
  • Juslane
    Juslane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    FR sent. While my goals do not mirror yours, the challenges in the journey will be similar. Good luck and I hope we can support and motivate each other to reach our personal goals.:-)
  • StevenH74
    Options
    Please add me. Anyone above or below actually. I am 124kg so am needing to lose at least 30 (76llbs?). That;s the size of my 10 year old daughter. I have to lose a child in weight, weird when you think of it like that, Anyway, anyone please feel free to add me now I have hijacked someone eles's post. Sorry and thanks.
  • nlb1106
    nlb1106 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just started my journey a few weeks ago at 270lbs my goal weight is 154 lbs . Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • nikkis01
    Options
    Think I've added you all, thanks so much for the support - looking forward to doing this together :)
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry to say I'm not in the same boat, I have about 18 pounds to lose, I'm currently 160lb if we're going to use American measurements lol (here in England we use stones like 11 stone 6 so saying 160lb is new to me). I would still like to be your friend though. I'm sorry to hear about what you've been and are going through. It is really good you are doing myfitnesspal, you can do it.
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    315 was my high weight a few months ago. The one advantage to starting there is that the first few pounds should come off fairly easy--it's really encouraging, which for me is crucial in the first months.

I'm always up to talk online and I have tons of easy exercise and nutrition tips/tricks up my sleeve that I've learned in the last few months.