Losing Weight Too Slowly?

Options
2»

Replies

• abramerickson
    abramerickson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No, I liked what you said. In fact its the basis of my decision to maintain my low calorie diet while increasing my exercise regime. You just like posting negative comments. Whatever.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    No, I liked what you said. In fact its the basis of my decision to maintain my low calorie diet while increasing my exercise regime. You just like posting negative comments. Whatever.

What's negative about the truth? :huh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Losing 2 pounds per week instead of 3 is not a plateau. Your rate of loss will go down as you lose weight.

I would encourage you to figure out your TDEE - 20% and compare that to what you are eating with MFP + exercise calories. A properly set TDEE -% goal should be in the same ballpark as a properly set MFP + exercise calorie goal. If you are increasing exercise, you may want to consider upping your calories a bit too. MFP does not include exercise in its calculations for how much food you need.

Here is one TDEE calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Siansonea is a Troll. Simple question was if there was such a thing as body metabolism slowing down. Looks like there is not. I will stick with the calories in vs. calories out method that has lead me to 35 lbs of weight loss. Was just curious why I plateaued and I will just keep logging my food and exercise with MyFitnessPal and increase the deficit until the weight loss picks back up.

Definitely not a troll... just trying to tell you how it is without the sugar coating.
  • Siansonea
    Options
    Dang it, I keep forgetting the sugar coating. You try to save some calories… :bigsmile:
  • alexander_airey1
    Options
    Even if its for a few days, Just increase your calorie intake. Your body needs those extra hundred calories or so just to start moving that weight. I stopped losing weight for a week, I then went out on a night out drinking lots of alcohol and the day after, even though it was 1lb, the scale still moved.

Just a few extra calories should do it :)
  • Siansonea
    Options
    Even if its for a few days, Just increase your calorie intake. Your body needs those extra hundred calories or so just to start moving that weight. I stopped losing weight for a week, I then went out on a night out drinking lots of alcohol and the day after, even though it was 1lb, the scale still moved.

Just a few extra calories should do it :)

You want to explain the science behind this suggestion? I'd like to hear it.
  • abramerickson
    abramerickson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Turns out I was just retaining water as my body repaired muscle after an Epic hike last Friday. After 3 days of recovery I stepped on the scale tonight nearly 5 lbs less than yesterday!