Motivation & Support Needed for this Teacher!

Options
Hey loves ! So I have a slight problem my friends! I do real well and then I tend to fall off the band wagon! This time im tired of falling off and I want to stay on! But it seems as though I need some motivation to get back into the groove of things!!!

let me introduce myself first!
My name is Meaghan , im 23 years young and im a 1st year teacher!
I just graduated from college! I lost alot of weight in college but it piled back on
due to loss of motivation and support! I joined mfp while in college but things got
busy and I swerved away from here ( BIG MISTAKE).

So now im back and I need motivation and support in any shape or form that
I can get it from here! My family is not really supportive and my job is stressing me
out ! So feel free to add me and hold me ACCOUNTABLE :)

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm married to a teacher, get ready for a busy life :bigsmile:

When I'm not feeling motivated, I tell myself to do something small. Lift that weight for 10 reps. Walk to the end of the hallway and back. Take 1 flight of stairs. Usually by the time I've done the little thing, I find I can keep going.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    as a former teacher of children w/special needs I moved a LOT and weighed next to nothing. Miss those days and those smiley, funny kids. I was also so busy I didn't have time to snack and going to night classes for Master's degree curbed those bar nights.
  • LifeItself
    Options
    Few things:

1. Make time for 30 minutes of exercise every day (not just for health, but to de-stress!)
    2. Make at least one non-work plan for the weekend (shopping, movies, dinner with friends, museum, etc.). Make the plans early enough in the week that you can look forward to it when stress gets high Mon-Fri.
    3. Keep Luna bars and bottles of water in your desk. They have saved my sanity many-a-time.
    4. Vitamin C and hand sanitizer. It's almost winter time and things are bound to get gross among the kiddos soon (save yourself!)

Good luck!