Losing Weight Without Losing Breasts?

Options
13»

Replies

• Manda_1986
    Manda_1986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have always been small in the breast area. I have to admit when I was younger it used to upset me that my friends had big boobs and I was an A cup. Since I have gotten older I have come to realise that I love being fit and healthy. I wouldn't trade my current figure for a larger one with larger boobs. I can't imagine having to wear a bra all the time. As soon as I walk through my door that baby gets flung across the room. On the topic of bras...they have amazing padded ones these days that make you look 2 cups larger :) trust me I know..my drawer is full of them :-P.
  • Manda_1986
    Manda_1986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Of course it's easy for me to say that..its not like my penis shrinks if I lose fat. How awful would THAT be? LOL

...that's a visual I did not need at work lol.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Your genes determine whether they will shrink or not - some people have breasts that contain less fatty tissue than others, the more dense the breast are the less they will shrink when you lose weight! :wink:
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just saw the OP is only 18. This may change things a bit. My original response was to a full grown woman. I think you probably have some growing left to do.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    To be blunt, yes, I went from a DD to a D. But I lost 2" on the bust and 4" on the ribs and waist.

Win!
  • madmiya
    madmiya Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You probably only think you went from a D cup to a B cup. Probably your band size changed, and you only changed cup sizes. You might not have been a D cup to begin with, you might have been an E or an F if you have a small rib cage measurement. I bet your bands aren't very snug around your rib cage, and you probably have it on the tightest hook, am I right?

You should be properly fitted for a bra, and yes, as you lose weight, you'll lose breast volume. But since you're losing volume everywhere else, proportionally your bustline out to remain about the same. It would be odd if you lost weight everywhere else, but your breasts remained exactly the same volume. They'd be huge compared to your smaller body.

true true true
    get properly fitted before you eulogize them.

victoria's secret also has great push ups.

better to be fit than floppy, big boobs don't age well.
    i know that sounds harsh and i'm sorry
    but there simply isn't a single 70 year old with perky tits.

at least you can look great in your slacks,
    or whatever you young people are calling it these days.
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i think it depends on your genes and if you have dense breasts that go away with weight loss or not. I've lost 22 lbs and went down in band size, but not cup size.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    You can have mine instead. I'd give anything to get rid of them.

They look okay in your pic. Girl, if you don't like your boobs, you're wearing the wrong size and type of bra. Jack them up where they need to be, and you'll love your boobs again. A perfectly fitting bra is a girl's best friend. :flowerforyou:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    You probably only think you went from a D cup to a B cup. Probably your band size changed, and you only changed cup sizes. You might not have been a D cup to begin with, you might have been an E or an F if you have a small rib cage measurement. I bet your bands aren't very snug around your rib cage, and you probably have it on the tightest hook, am I right?

You should be properly fitted for a bra, and yes, as you lose weight, you'll lose breast volume. But since you're losing volume everywhere else, proportionally your bustline out to remain about the same. It would be odd if you lost weight everywhere else, but your breasts remained exactly the same volume. They'd be huge compared to your smaller body.

true true true
    get properly fitted before you eulogize them.

victoria's secret also has great push ups.

better to be fit than floppy, big boobs don't age well.
    i know that sounds harsh and i'm sorry
    but there simply isn't a single 70 year old with perky tits.

at least you can look great in your slacks,
    or whatever you young people are calling it these days.

Victoria's Secret is the last place I'd go for bras, they don't carry a wide range of sizes, and most gals just don't fall in the 34-40 band sizes. They try to find a bra that sorta fits, but there are a lot of people who should be wearing 28s, 30s and 32s who get thrown into 34s because those are the only sizes they carry. A snug-fitting band is crucial, and a properly sized band will actually push your breasts into the proper position. I buy 34Ds because they kinda sorta fit, but in reality, I should be wearing 32E or 30F, but you don't get those options at Victoria's Secret. :huh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Why is this so important? They are what they are. Guys like them in all shapes and sizes. Come on dudes, back me up here.
    why does it have to matter whether or not it's what guys like? god forbid a woman have opinions about how her own body should look without having to factor in men's wants.

anyway, OP as others have said you're more than likely going to lose to boobage, especially if that's what happened before and assuming you were wearing the correct sizes. also agree about VS being crappy at fittings, their goal is to get people to wear their bras, and heck even if you look at those VS models in the catalogs half of them aren't wearing the correct size either.

but yeab in case you do lose your boobs, why not just do some squats, lunges, etc and develop bodacious booty instead? :laugh:
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Ha! Chest workouts will flatten you more! Sorry its implants or Nada my friend!
    Just keep your back straight and point those babies out! Grab those add 2 cups bras at VS. ;)
  • JodiSheehan
    Options
    I think if you have gained breasts with your weight gain chances are you will lose weight from them...but yeah can't hurt to work on your chest area with resistance training
    I have big breasts even when I'm smaller so i don't generally lose much - i went from an E cup to a D cup with my weight loss before and lost size around the back, so I'm guessing the same thing is going to happen to me again.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Bad news: Likely losing your breasts.

Good news: Beyond worth it.

40 C - 34 A (and the A...is big and I am annoyed they discontinued NA (nearly A's) )
  • seattlemama0429
    seattlemama0429 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OP you are 18!!! That is WONDERFUL!! There is enormous hope for you my friend!!

Your young skin is muuuch much firmer and elastic than those of us who have experienced the major deflation that comes later in life with mature skin, major (50+lb) weight loss and pregnancy/breastfeeding :)

Many of the anecdotes you hear are from women nearly or beyond twice your elder :) You are young! Yes, tatas will shrink, but YOU will too, AND you will be in your TEENS AND TWENTIES and your skin will show it!

Lose weight with no booby worry! ENJOY every minute of your precious young skin! Promise you! The baggies will come later ;)

ETA - also influential is how many times over time your boobies inflate and deflate... another advantage of your age!

For instance, I was heavy in high school, lost weight, boobies deflated, but were a-ok "naturals" - mid-20's

Then... preggers +80lbs, giant milk boobs, deflation, weight loss, preggers +50lbs, giant milk boobs, deflation, weight loss, 30's..... and there's the source of the anecdotes ;)
  • CaciaXX
    Options
    I have this concern also because I only just had enough money to be able to afford to get some properly fitting bras, before that I'd been wearing the ones I wore when I was skinny and flat, and getting fitted was a rather traumatic ordeal. Because of it I'm not attempting to lose all the weight I gained since I was skinny as **** before anyway, only 5-10 pounds away from being underweight, I'm just trying to get to lose enough weight so that I'm no longer overweight and feel good about my body then I'm just going to focus on getting fit and maintenance so I don't gain it back again.

Otherwise the only methods to get bigger boobs that really work are implants or getting pregnant.
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok from a guys perspective: Mind you I am not maybe the norm.
    I personally like smaller boobs and think anything larger then a hand full is totally wasted.
    I certainly do not like fake boobs or to large a boob, especially if they fail the pencil test. ;-)
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Why is this so important? They are what they are. Guys like them in all shapes and sizes. Come on dudes, back me up here.

This is silly. Yeah, guys like them in all shapes and sizes, but I saw no mention of the OP wanting to keep her larger breasts because of what guys think. Believe it or not, some women enjoy having big breasts. I know I do. I was wearing a B cup before I gained weight, a DDD/F right after pregnancy and a DD/E now. I know it's inevitable that I'll drop back down to a B (or possibly smaller, I really won't know until I'm there), but that doesn't mean I have to love it.

OP, there's really no way to hang on to larger breasts. If you gained weight and they got bigger, losing weight will make them smaller. It's possible that you'll love them in proportion to your new smaller body though, that's what I'm telling myself anyway. :)