Losing the FAT

Options
timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
just had my "fat analysis" done again....getting closer to the healthy range...and getting further away from obese (YEAH!!)
anyway....for anyone whose weight loss is starting to slow....maybe get yours done....I have lost a total of 47 lbs now (started loosing before the 24 since with MFP) and the pounds are starting to get harder to get off so this is my new way of encouraging myself...

on June 30th... I weighed 193.3 (according to the analysis scale--with clothes)
my BMI 29.4
Fat % 44.5
Fat mass 86.01

today Aug 17th...my weight 182.5 (with clothing, according to that scale again)
BMI now 27.7
Fat % 37.7
Fat mass 69.01

thought that was pretty interesting , and thought others who are getting frustrated by not seeing big weight losses anymore may find some comfort in doing this......

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Very cool, and good for you! Definitely encouraging :)
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would love to see other number besides weight! Great idea and great way to keep yourself going when you don't see the numbers you would like in one place, you can see them in other places.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I bought a $35 scale at Wal Mart that does all that. Right now I'm only worried about the weight, but when that starts to get into a more acceptable range, or when it starts slowing down, I'll be looking at those other numbers. The scale saves 4 profiles, the last 11 wiegh ins for those users, you can enter a goal weight, age, etc etc. Very cool.
    But anyway, yes, the other numbers (besides BMI) are very important. I don't much care what the scale says, I care what my fat % is, and how my clothes fit. The scale is just the most universal measure right now.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    How and where do you get a fat analysis?
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    How and where do you get a fat analysis?

They have this scale at the YMCA....don't know how accurate it is, but I figure if its the same one and I use it maybe once a month or so....it will give me a general idea.....I'm sure you can buy them...just not willing to pay out for one right now....
  • kdhmiller
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome! All your hard work is paying off!
  • avgulik
    avgulik Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Way to go!

I was discouraged because the numbers on the scale weren't dropping but then I decided to take my measurements and I lost 5 inches! I think it can be discouraging just to look at the numbers on the scale as it's not a true mark of your overall progress.

Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!