What do you do for motivation and inspiration?

Options
What do you do for motivation and inspiration? What works for you when running low on motivation even after knowing the reasons for weight loss, you know, when words don't quite reach your mind to reignite the motivational fire?

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I follow some blogs on Tumblr (funeralformyfat is my favorite). They always have inspiring tips, stories and photos.
    Taking progress pictures help too, so you can see how far you've come.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Pinterest helps me a lot. If I sit and look for some healthy recipes or good self help quotes, it does the trick.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Pictures of women that are in the shape I want to be in, and success stories on here!!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Just remind myself why I'm doing this and tell myself that all this hard work now will pay off later. I'm training for fitness for a sport though not focusing on weight loss

I generally find the pictures and quotes don't do a lot for me, my motivation comes from within
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I read a lot of the success stories here on MFP. They rarely fail to inspire me to try harder, or try again.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Turning back is simply not an option.

I use to find pictures of other men with killer physiques inspiring, but I've come so far in my journey that they have little effect. It's all pretty self perpetuating these days, with my changes being the motivation themselves.

This time around I took before photos. I also have kept my larger clothes, for now. When I'm doubting how far I've come, trying on some pants that are so big I could almost fit two of my legs in one pant leg, or looking at my disgusting befores, goes a very long way.

But really you just get to a point where going back is simply off the table.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it planned and scheduled. Even if I don't "feel" like it, it is what I have planned to eat or I scheduled the workout. It helps me get over those low motivation humps. I always feel great after a good day of eating and a good workout but getting started some days is hard.